Honda HR-V Forum banner
61 - 66 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
The tip SlowFosho has pictured with the dimensions of the inlet, with the hole on the bottom is the exact tip I have installed on my HR-V. It is a perfect fit but you need to push it back totally on so that it covers the entire stock muffler tip and the hole aligns with the muffler tip end. I have posted pictures in this same thread above on 10-9-21.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I bought it on Amazon two years ago for around $30 and it fits better on the HR-V than on the Civic stock muffler because there is more clearance on the HR-V to push it back onto the entire stock tip. The Civic doesn’t have this extra room, so the chrome tip hits the bumper and then doesn’t tighten completely on the stock muffler tip. That’s why it loosened up on the Civic.

·
Registered
10 Posts
What’s nice is that you don’t have to have the stock muffler tip cut off and have a new tip welded on. If the muffler shop doesn’t use stainless steel weld, then the regular weld itself will rust even though the stainless steel tip doesn’t, and will look bad as well as increasing the chance of the tip itself falling off when the weld rusts and cracks. As you can see from my pics this stainless steel chrome tip covers the entire stock tip and because the way it is designed it points backward and looks OEM, unlike a regular tip that is just bolted on and points downward which looks very tacky. The stock chrome Honda”finisher” on the Sport trim level points backwards but is the diameter of the stock muffler tip which is so narrow and skinny. I like the large oval outlet of this chrome tip.

Good luck with the install. After you slip it on, do not tighten it yet, step back and look from a distance to make sure it is straight before fully tightening it onto your stock tip.

Buy some stainless steel chrome polish to keep the chrome on the tip from pitting by periodic cleaning. I performed this maintenance on the polished stainless steel Magnaflow mufflers and stainless steel exhaust tips that I had on my two previous cars which kept them looking new for years!

61 - 66 of 66 Posts