Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the NY Auto Show begins this week and as far as I can tell it's the last major North American auto show before the HR-V becomes available to buy at dealerships as most of the other major shows are in the fall or winter. That being said, what do we hope Honda will reveal (if anything) for the NY show?

We know dealerships are saying they'll have HR-V's next month on their lots. This leads me to believe they will announce pricing before the April 30 embargo date, but could I be wrong on that?

Here's what I'm hoping for....

1) Full specifications for the HR-V in all trim levels (new website on automobiles.honda.com)

2) A hard "you can buy this car beginning on" date.

3) Prices

Am I out of line? Do we think this information will only come out on the 30th of April?

As a very off to the side note, I noticed in the "compare vehicles" section of the USA Honda site they now have the 2016 Fit selectable. Not all of the options have been filled in yet, but that could be a prelude to 2016 Fit specification which might come out around the same time as the HR-V's. I'm keeping my eye open for that.

·
Registered
514 Posts
My original thought would be what's the point of April 30, what else would be left to say if they give up a lot this week? But I wonder what this guy is talking about...

@Honda is this in addition to the big announcement Wednesday at @NYAutoShow? @hondaprojason

·
Registered
55 Posts
Ill be there on Sat and will post what I see probably on Sunday,
I wish we would get all the info, but prob they will give specs and hard sell date, I doubt that price thought, but I'll try to pick the reps brain as much as I can

·
Registered
75 Posts
My original thought would be what's the point of April 30, what else would be left to say if they give up a lot this week? But I wonder what this guy is talking about...

@Honda is this in addition to the big announcement Wednesday at @NYAutoShow? @hondaprojason
Well April 30 is the press embargo on their review/impressions of the hrv. Doesn't necessarily mean Honda can't announce stuff themselves before that date. I imagine they'd want to get the hype up before hand just in case there's anything negative in those press reviews.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I have seen absolutely nothing about a NY presser. If they have one it could be the new Ridgeline and infor about the HRV. The Pilot debuted in February at Chicago.

Pressers are Wed and Thurs in NY.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well April 30 is the press embargo on their review/impressions of the hrv. Doesn't necessarily mean Honda can't announce stuff themselves before that date. I imagine they'd want to get the hype up before hand just in case there's anything negative in those press reviews.
I agree, I can't imagine cars being on the lots and salespeople not being able to say how much the car costs or when you can buy it. I know I would be very upset if I saw the car at the dealership and they wouldn't tell me everything about it.

I could also see the timeline changing for some reason. I'm sure they took everyone's contact information in Miami and if they wanted to end the embargo early they could just send out a mass email saying that the embargo is over and they just had April 30th as a "safe" placeholder date. Of course that's pure speculation.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Ah, I see, I was thinking most everything would come out around then.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Ah, I see, I was thinking most everything would come out around then.
At this point anything is possible. My thoughts were if dealers are getting them in the next week or 2 they'd have to be pretty angry to have cars on the lots that they couldn't sell because they have to wait until the end of the month for Honda. But who knows since we're all just guessing on what little info we have.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Wow big announcement on Wed - http://www.hondanews.com/pages/2015nyias

Honda will make some major announcements next week during its press conference at the 2015 New York Auto Show. The event begins at 1:55 p.m. EDT on April 1. Don't miss it!

Or is it an April fools joke? lol
Over the years i've noticed that surprisingly a lot of automotive events happen around that time, probably works to their advantage that soem people think the car maker might be fooling around :D

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Isn't it Ridgelines turn to be the star at a major auto show?

This has been the Honda pattern for a while now. Each show gets it's car.

I will be shocked if anything about the HR-V comes out of this show.

My wild guess will be that Honda will release pricing info sometime after the 15th. It is anyone's guess of course.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Yes it is Ridgeline turn - but if you read their statement announcement is plural so there is just more than one vehicle.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts