Honda HR-V Forum banner

What are the expected first month HRV sales?

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So in about a week we should be getting the first month HRV sales. Granted it will only be for two weeks, but curious what everyone thinks we might see. Sales will likely only be a couple hundred or more?

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Guess we will know in about a week. Seems most people don't know about the vehicle, maybe Honda is still planning to making the CRV their "bread and butter" of the two. I have no problem with that, keeps the HRV more unique like the Element and even the CRV when it first came out.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I haven't seen a single advertisement for the HRV, nor has anyone I've talked to even heard of them. I was wondering if they were going to wait until there was a supply of them built up or something.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is typically the norm, otherwise they are advertising for a vehicle that people really cannot see and buy when they come into the dealership.

I haven't seen a single advertisement for the HRV, nor has anyone I've talked to even heard of them. I was wondering if they were going to wait until there was a supply of them built up or something.

·
Registered
615 Posts
There is usually a little bit of ramp up after the vehicle first comes out. In a few months we will see what the real staying sales figures for the HRV should be. I'm expecting 700-800 in the first month. I could be totally off, but hey, its fun to make predictions like this.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, I'm thinking your about right if that as the first month only accounts for 2 weeks and dealers are still just getting the vehicles in. :nerd:

There is usually a little bit of ramp up after the vehicle first comes out. In a few months we will see what the real staying sales figures for the HRV should be. I'm expecting 700-800 in the first month. I could be totally off, but hey, its fun to make predictions like this.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Advertisements

I mentioned this in another thread, but the HR-V has been advertised in commercials along side the CR-V and 2016 Pilot. I've only seen it during the NHL playoffs since the Stanley Cup, and Phil the cup keeper are featured at the end. I wouldn't be surprised if more commercials start rolling out.

I'm also naming my blue HR-V Stanley, after the Stanley Cup so I love that Honda is a major NHL sponsor! :)

·
Registered
615 Posts
I mentioned this in another thread, but the HR-V has been advertised in commercials along side the CR-V and 2016 Pilot. I've only seen it during the NHL playoffs since the Stanley Cup, and Phil the cup keeper are featured at the end. I wouldn't be surprised if more commercials start rolling out.

I'm also naming my blue HR-V Stanley, after the Stanley Cup so I love that Honda is a major NHL sponsor! :)
Are you a Canadian? Or perhaps from Detroit or Boston?

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Just a couple more days to go...should be interesting. Interesting most people think over a 1,000 units.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I'm going to guess close to 3,000. The Fit sales have been around 6-7k the last couple of months. I'm guessing that someone coming to look at a Fit, might end up in an HR-V instead, plus everyone who was waiting for this thing will have had a chance to buy one. Early reports are suggesting a SAAR near 17.3 million, so car shoppers were out and about in May; the holiday weekend sales may have helped as well.

Reactions: HRV4ME

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
True, but for most, their color and trim level combo has yet to arrive so first 6 months or so I anticipate a gradual ramp up. :)

I'm going to guess close to 3,000. The Fit sales have been around 6-7k the last couple of months. I'm guessing that someone coming to look at a Fit, might end up in an HR-V instead, plus everyone who was waiting for this thing will have had a chance to buy one. Early reports are suggesting a SAAR near 17.3 million, so car shoppers were out and about in May; the holiday weekend sales may have helped as well.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts