Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Production of the HR-V has now begun in Argentina, and here's a really nice video showing how the car is built. I'm sure you get more out of it if you speak Spanish, but even if you don't it's a nice video showing assembly from start to finish.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Totally cool. Thanks for sharing.

Notice how light those pieces are. One of the most impressive aspects of the HRV is that it weighs 2,600 lbs. That's really light - and light isn't easy (while meeting crash standards). I give Honda engineers real kudos for that achievement.

s

·
Registered
255 Posts
Thanks for posting, very interesting. I did notice a lot of orange-peel in the black paint at 1:37. I am not sure if they do a post-assembly buff or mitigate it otherwise.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Thanks for posting, very interesting. I did notice a lot of orange-peel in the black paint at 1:37. I am not sure if they do a post-assembly buff or mitigate it otherwise.
Oh, I see what you mean. Can orange peel be buffed out and wouldn't they do that BEFORE assembling the lights?

·
Registered
255 Posts
Oh, I see what you mean. Can orange peel be buffed out and wouldn't they do that BEFORE assembling the lights?
Orange-peel can be color sanded and buffed, but I would think BEFORE assembly too, the compounds are messy. I may be wrong, but I don't think mass-produced, robotically painted cars get buffed. I am surprised at that much orange-peel however.

It seems high on the body, but perhaps this area has chip-guard, which itself has texture?

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Orange-peel can be color sanded and buffed, but I would think BEFORE assembly too, the compounds are messy. I may be wrong, but I don't think mass-produced, robotically painted cars get buffed. I am surprised at that much orange-peel however.
Yeah..that's pretty bad.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I'm very happy that it looks like the LX will get the stereo and hvac controls from the Fit LX and not the Civic LX. It's actually a great little system and very intuitive.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts