Honda HR-V Forum banner

41 - 60 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thats correct you first need to get by the diag screen than once rebooted you'll be able to do the update. If it doesn't work than try the other usb port

·
Registered
20 Posts
Here's the complete write up the guy at the civic forum did.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thats correct you first need to get by the diag screen than once rebooted you'll be able to do the update. If it doesn't work than try the other usb port
there is only one that I know of that’s the one under the dash by the little cubby area

·
Registered
20 Posts
Would you be able to send me a photo of the old radio and also the back of the honda crv radio you got. I just want to make sure you didn't get the wrong crv headunit because there is two types. One with amplifier output and another without it. Our HRV doesn't have the amplifier so if you got the wrong headunit you will have issues with low volume. I ran into the same issue when I first started doing this. I was a tech for Honda and thats how I discovered these radio worked for our hrv.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Are you sure your wife has the EX because I see numerous of connection errors. The EX trims and up come with the digital climate control and 2 usb ports.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Okay so you actually have the LX, this could actually work. Try getting through the diag mode. When you turn on the car and the diag mode comes up press the hang up, call, and voice control then once you hear the beep speak as loud as you can so the system will recognize the voice. press Done without entering any numbers
Press and hold Power Eject and Home all at the same time for several seconds. You will then see this screen:

(2.PNG)
On this screen Press and hold the Power button for several seconds.
You will get a screen asking about inline diag settings. Tap that to set it to complete and then tap return
You should now be at the normal startup sequence.
Power everything down and if done correctly, it will boot up normally with no diag window.

·
Registered
20 Posts
See if that work but honestly is a gamble because you got the unit with the amplifier. That is why the sound is very low. honda uses the same part number for the amplifier one and the non amp one. As you can see the additional plug is for the amp. The sound comes out of the radio to the amp and then distributed to the speaker from the amp. That is why you have very low sound.

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
I’m going through and pressing all the buttons on the steering wheel but the Done button is greyed out

·
Registered
20 Posts
Do they turn green? If they turn green once pressed you can than skip hitting the done button and going straight to the next step

·
Registered
4 Posts
See if that work but honestly is a gamble because you got the unit with the amplifier. That is why the sound is very low. honda uses the same part number for the amplifier one and the non amp one. As you can see the additional plug is for the amp. The sound comes out of the radio to the amp and then distributed to the speaker from the amp. That is why you have very low sound.
First off, thank you for the very useful information!

Two things - it looks like I got the CRV head unit with an amp. Is there any way around that?

Also, I am stuck on this step:
“(2.PNG)
On this screen Press and hold the Power button for several seconds.
You will get a screen asking about inline diag settings. Tap that to set it to complete and then tap return”

I press and hold the Power button for many several seconds and nothing ever shows up. I gave up after holding it for a minute.

(Note: I haven’t yet tried pressing the phone buttons and speaking at the diagnostic screen before. I’ll see if that helps!)

·
Registered
17 Posts
You’re going to have to get the other one. I was on the phone with him for about 30 minutes last night going through everything.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I bought this one today but they say they have 10+. I also talked them down to $125 so you may want to try that. This is the correct one.

41 - 60 of 65 Posts