Honda HR-V Forum banner
161 - 164 of 164 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Hey Adam (post #147),
I know it's been over a year since you posted. Wanted to ask you if you tried the CR-V head unit and if it worked? Did you have the update the firmware? I have a 2018 HR-V Elegance Navi, and really would like to add CarPlay.
Thanks,
Davor

· Registered
6 Posts
Hey Adam (post #147),
I know it's been over a year since you posted. Wanted to ask you if you tried the CR-V head unit and if it worked? Did you have the update the firmware? I have a 2018 HR-V Elegance Navi, and really would like to add CarPlay.
Thanks,
Davor
Hi Davor! Still question, because that is not my headunit. That is from an 2015 CR-V European version. I thin you cant add Carplay to 2018 HR-V, you need an US 2015-16 CR-V headunit, or an aftermarket headunit.

· Registered
2 Posts
Hi Davor! Still question, because that is not my headunit. That is from an 2015 CR-V European version. I thin you cant add Carplay to 2018 HR-V, you need an US 2015-16 CR-V headunit, or an aftermarket headunit.
Thank you for the info. So, you did not try to install it. Ok. I know that Carplay can't be added to the 2018 OEM unit, not even by using carplay dongles/boxes. What I didn't gather from browsing forums is that only US version of CR-V headunit is working. Are you sure? So an EU version, provided I am able to find one, would not have Carplay enabled?

· Registered
6 Posts
Thank you for the info. So, you did not try to install it. Ok. I know that Carplay can't be added to the 2018 OEM unit, not even by using carplay dongles/boxes. What I didn't gather from browsing forums is that only US version of CR-V headunit is working. Are you sure? So an EU version, provided I am able to find one, would not have Carplay enabled?
I'm not sure because not tried, but someone said that on this forum. Our EU verison connections is a bit different, so it could be easy it only works on US models, because this Carplay version still in Beta.

161 - 164 of 164 Posts