Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just heard from a local Phoenix dealer that I can view (or buy one of) the first few HR-Vs at his dealer.

May 12th , 7:30 AM.

Should we make this a thread dedicated to firm dates and times when you will be allowed to see the HR-V in person, at a dealer, for the first time? ( Not vague dates and time frames when they will arrive) Or would this be too many threads?

·
Registered
185 Posts
To be honest, I'd rather all these release date/dealer date/dealer training/price/etc/etc/etc threads were combined into one, so that after work or whenever, I can just click on that thread and read the latest posts and news, rather than have to click on several threads and go to the latest posts in each.

Not going to happen though lol.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Saw it in person

I went at the agreed to time during my dealership for their training and it was outside! But the Honda person showing the car off to the dealership employees was with a training group already (though they said he wouldn't be) and somehow my sales associate felt like she couldn't get it off him for us to sit in the car BUT it was GREAT to see it in person.

Initial impressions: Sized very well between CR-V and Fit. VERY stylish inside (just like all the photos show), sunroof is the size of all other US honda sunroofs--not bigger, LOVED the exterior styling. They had it parked right next to the Juke and it looked very similarly sized, but more boot space, and IMO much better looking!

The one they used for the training was an EX-L Nav AWD. I remarked that this answered many questions except price and some Honda employee said "oh, i can tell you this one is 26k" The dealership employees seemed pretty excited about seeing it in person too!

I still can't wait to get inside it and feel the ergonomics from the driver's seat, let alone drive the FWD and AWD versions and see how they feel on the road!

·
Registered
15 Posts
pics from my visit

Here are the photos I took this morning. Really wish i had gotten to sit inside...

Attachments

·
Registered
751 Posts
Thanks for the pics and report, Sarah! I'm jealous. Edit: Pity you didn't get to sit in it.

Hmm... there was a video done by a Honda salesman of the demo vehicle a few days ago, and I noticed it was also parked next to a red Juke. Maybe they're touring them around together to give salesfolk a lesson on the Honda advantage?

Also notice from the sticker that the engine and transmission come from Japan; others may have known that but I wasn't sure where they were made.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hubby got to sit in it!

I was too far away at work, but my husband works near the dealership and could go by quickly when they opened it up! I asked for his initial impressions. I said, "what was your initial impression when you sat in it?" He said, "that i would have bought it if it was for sale. it felt natural to be sitting in it.. like it had owned it a long time.. it was awkward to feel like that about at little cute car aimed at women who want to haul plants and dogs around ? according to honda that is. it's definitely something i'd like...pending how it drives of course, but i don't see it being held back in that area since it gets the civic engine." Admittedly we are kind of honda folks. He's owned other Makes, but also a 01 civic and currently drives the 03 Pilot.

He also said it definitely feels roomier than the Fit in the cabin area, and that the front seats feel more substantial. He said that with the magic seats up, my 42" tall toddler and even 5' tall mom could practically walk through it without having to bend their heads down. He also thinks our 90lb, tall Golden retriever will be able to do a 360 turn and lay down in there.

I asked him if it felt squished in there, and he said definitely not. It feels like a Unicorn--just the right amount of touches, without too much to make it too expensive. He said they confirmed a 20-26k price range. the 26k being for that ex-l nav awd one.

Pics coming!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm surprised to hear your husband found the seat comfortable. When I sat in the one at the NYC auto show I felt differently. I was very disappointed in a manual seat at the ex-l trim level. Do you have any pics of the seat? Did it have a manual adjustment?

·
Registered
5 Posts
CVA vehicles are for District Managers, they are sent to dealers to be prepped and the District Sales Manager (or some one with a similar title) drives the car (company car). The car will be plated in the State that the DSM works in so the car will be titled. Eventually Honda will auction the car and a dealer will buy it and sell it as a CPO. They are actually very good cars to buy, they are in a dealership almost every day and their are specific rules the user must follow.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I sat in an EXL on training day at my dealership. The driver's seat cranks up in height manually, but I didn't find it difficult or annoying. The car I drive now has cloth seats. I think they feel a little bit more cushy than the leather seats. New always takes a little time to break in as well. I thought the comfort of the seat was okay. Nothing I felt was a problem. I really like the heated seats.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
CVA vehicles are for District Managers, they are sent to dealers to be prepped and the District Sales Manager (or some one with a similar title) drives the car (company car). The car will be plated in the State that the DSM works in so the car will be titled. Eventually Honda will auction the car and a dealer will buy it and sell it as a CPO. They are actually very good cars to buy, they are in a dealership almost every day and their are specific rules the user must follow.
Thanks Bobin for the very interesting information.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I sat in an EXL on training day at my dealership. The driver's seat cranks up in height manually, but I didn't find it difficult or annoying. The car I drive now has cloth seats. I think they feel a little bit more cushy than the leather seats. New always takes a little time to break in as well. I thought the comfort of the seat was okay. Nothing I felt was a problem. I really like the heated seats.
Thanks for the report!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have an appointment tomorrow at 6:30 pm PDT. Post things you want me to check for or questions you want me to ask and I'll report back.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I have an appointment tomorrow at 6:30 pm PDT. Post things you want me to check for or questions you want me to ask and I'll report back.
Price.....:)

Please post pictures......especially if there is an LX to look at (dash picture), or a white HR-V.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Putting my ducks in a row

in anticipation of seeing the HR-V soonish...I went to test drive my plan B and sat in a Fit. Waaaay too small.

Can anyone who's seen the HR-V in person give me a relative size comparison since they are on the same platform? From the pics I've seen, It seems the HR-V is much roomier....is this an accurate assumption?

·
Registered
95 Posts
in anticipation of seeing the HR-V soonish...I went to test drive my plan B and sat in a Fit. Waaaay too small.

Can anyone who's seen the HR-V in person give me a relative size comparison since they are on the same platform? From the pics I've seen, It seems the HR-V is much roomier....is this an accurate assumption?

Fit HRV
Front Head. 40 38
Front Shoulder 55 57
Front Hip. 52 53
Front Legs. 41 41

I got the Fit info from the Honda website & the HRV info from Jeff's video.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts