Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Read only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I bought a 2015 Honda HR-V and want to update the navigation and if possible the firmware and/or the software version.

Looking for new Honda Navigation Updates my HR-V isn't listed under 2015, could you use the 2016 HR-V updates?

What is possible for firmware updates and how?

Hope someone could help me with this.

Best Regards,

Foro Loca

·
Registered
672 Posts
in the North American Market - Honda will mail you a USB with the updates loaded etc.( about $100+). Not sure how they do this in Europe.
(You have to give the VIN etc. so it may not be compatable to swap years)

·
Registered
Brilliant Sporty Blue Honda HR-V 1.5 iVTEC SE 6 Speed Manual
642 Posts
Here is the link to Honda UK's navigation update page that may be useful to you:

You could also try contacting your nearest Honda dealer and ask them what the procedure is and how much it costs.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Here is the link to Honda UK's navigation update page that may be useful to you:

You could also try contacting your nearest Honda dealer and ask them what the procedure is and how much it costs.
Doesn’t make a lot of sense that a dealership should charge for software updates on a vehicle that you purchased 🤔 Although I do see charging for updates for software that wasn’t made for that vehicle.

·
Registered
Brilliant Sporty Blue Honda HR-V 1.5 iVTEC SE 6 Speed Manual
642 Posts
Doesn’t make a lot of sense that a dealership should charge for software updates on a vehicle that you purchased 🤔 Although I do see charging for updates for software that wasn’t made for that vehicle.
Honda don't own the copyright to the satnav software, they get it under licence from Garmin. It was due to licencing/cost issues that Android Auto was only fitted to HR-V's in the UK from 2019, whereas most of its direct competitors offered it much earlier.

·
Registered
62 Posts
View attachment 32336

I bought a 2015 Honda HR-V and want to update the navigation and if possible the firmware and/or the software version.

Looking for new Honda Navigation Updates my HR-V isn't listed under 2015, could you use the 2016 HR-V updates?

Best Regards,

Foro Loca
I have the same issue now.Last year i updated the map softwer myself.(for free) But i see there will be no more uptades for our navigation.We will be stuck what we got.I dont like HONDA infotainment system at all.Last time i was driving navigation app was crashing ,i was frustrating because i needed direction,fortunately i had my phone so use that .

·
Registered
80 Posts
I have the same issue now.Last year i updated the map softwer myself.(for free) But i see there will be no more uptades for our navigation.We will be stuck what we got.I dont like HONDA infotainment system at all.Last time i was driving navigation app was crashing ,i was frustrating because i needed direction,fortunately i had my phone so use that .
I have a 2016 with no navigation except audio direction, which can be annoying in my opinion. I always use my phone as it’s an old habit from my pharmacy delivery job days. 🤷🏼‍♀️

·
Registered
1 Posts
View attachment 32336

Best Regards,

Foro Loca
Hi,

you must open this page: Honda Navigation Map Update | Garmin Support
Select "If Your Vehicle is NOT Listed Below - Click Here for Map Update Instructions:" (first option listed), and follow the instructions.

You also must install on your PC the app "Garmin Express" to transfer the new maps to the USB key.
Keep in mind that free maps updates are available on the first 5 years, so I think you must pay the download.
I prefer to use Waze, furthermore the Garmin on board doesn't show the current speed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts