Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Is there any way to mount the front license plate below the grille? Don't much care for it smack in the middle of the grille:|

·
Registered
279 Posts
First mod will be getting tint on the front two windows to match the rear, and hardwiring for radar detector and dashcam.

After that who knows, not much. Maybe brighter, whiter light low beams if they are anything like the CR-V we're trading in, I'm not living with those for three more years! Surely they will be better....

·
Registered
73 Posts
Is there any way to mount the front license plate below the grille? Don't much care for it smack in the middle of the grille:|
I don't know about states that require front license plates but in NC where I live they are not required. Therefore the front plate mount was in a bag in the back so if we wanted we can install it anywhere we want. Maybe if you got one right off the truck you could ask them to install it in a different location.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Thanks Kaos. NY does require a front plate and I do not want to risk running without one. I do plan to ask the dealer if they can mount the plate lower. If that is not possible I have searched online for no drill front mounts and found one at Skene designs. I will contact them to see if it will fit an HRV. If it will not fit I will then consider fabricating my own.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Tints are #1 for me. After that, I'd like to get rims. Oh and I need crossbars, which I'll probably get from Thule since the Honda ones are $500.00. They are ****** in the head.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I agree - l live in MO and we do require front plates.
That thing is mounted way too high but it was already on there when I bought the car - afraid to lower it in fear it'll leave holes where it was initially placed.

Really detracts from the whole front end look in my opinion.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I'm in Texas and we do require the front license plate. However, nothing has been installed yet - it was just in a bag. I haven't looked at it good enough to see what it is going to entail to get it installed when my plates do come in...

·
Registered
77 Posts
Ordered the Skene Design front license plate bracket. Once installed I will post pic. I'm hopeful it will work so the plate can be moved below the grille.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts