Honda HR-V Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Get the Crossclimate2

Get the Crossclimate2

Once my 18 inch coni tires wear out the Cross Climate tires will be the next to go on...Always have had good luck with Michelins..
I hadn't taken mileage into account, but see that some reviewers mention "rolling resistance." any thoughts on how the Cross Climate tires would do vs Primacy?

·
Registered
Brilliant Sporty Blue Honda HR-V 1.5 iVTEC SE 6 Speed Manual
1,425 Posts
I hadn't taken mileage into account, but see that some reviewers mention "rolling resistance." any thoughts on how the Cross Climate tires would do vs Primacy?
Due to the segments that each tyre is pitched, you really want them to grip, rather than glide.

The Primacy are a general rain orientated 'summer' tyre whereas the Cross Climates are a winter biased All Season Tyre. The Primacy will have a more silicone based compound which is intended to make it last longer, however, during the cold weather months the silicone will harden and the tyre will offer less grip.

The Cross Climates have a greater rubber compound which makes it softer and more flexible, and reduces the tyres hardening during cold weather. Between that and the sipes in the tread depth, this grips onto the snow or ice and improves grip.

The rule of thumb is you get the better benefit of Cold Weather Tyres over Summer Tyres when the weather regularly hits 7C (44.6f).

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 · (Edited)
I've used the Michelin Premier A/S on my Honda Fit, and they're a very good tire, but not as quiet or soft of a ride as the Continental TrueContact Tour. I'm thoroughly impressed at how quiet and soft of a ride the Continental TrueContact Tour tires perform, and I've recently had to deal with snow and am equally impressed and satisfied. Snow, rain, and dry performance is excellent with the Continental TrueContact Tour.
Additionally, the Micheline tires are quite a bit more expensive, and if you ask me it's not worth the added expense.
Hope this helps you to decide.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
The Michelin CrossClimate 2 tires were something I've also looked into getting prior to getting my Continental True Contact tires instead.
From my research they do appear to be decent, but their tread pattern is more aggressive which causes them to be more noisy, and from the reviews I've seen online they appear to not be as comfortable of a ride when there are bumps in the road. Those were the reasons why I chose not to get the Crossclimate 2. And the original Crossclimates appear to not be as good as they had intended for snowy conditions.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.