1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have a 2015 EX. I bought it last August and have 17,000 miles and change on it. I will tell you that the radio is the worst piece of garbage I have ever dealt with. It is awful. I hate it. It is hard to use, counter-intuitive and actually made me almost trade my car in.

Give it two weeks, and you will learn how the blasted thing works.

A month into it you forget how bad is sucks until a post like this.

My Fit is a great car. It's my second one. I MAY trade for the HR-V because I like the idea of AWD.

·
Registered
514 Posts
I have a 2015 EX. I bought it last August and have 17,000 miles and change on it. I will tell you that the radio is the worst piece of garbage I have ever dealt with. It is awful. I hate it. It is hard to use, counter-intuitive and actually made me almost trade my car in.

Give it two weeks, and you will learn how the blasted thing works.

A month into it you forget how bad is sucks until a post like this.

My Fit is a great car. It's my second one. I MAY trade for the HR-V because I like the idea of AWD.

Why?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Let me preface this with I have never read a manual in my life. For anything. I can just figure everything out. Electronic stuff just comes easily to me.

I have had to reference my manual more times than I can count. I have actually had to go to the dealer to have them show me how to change a setting. He has a Civic with the same radio, and he didn't know. I left there still not knowing and had to look it up online.

It's just not logical the way it flows. Searching for music is tough, it just scrolls and scrolls and scrolls, there is no way of marking favorites.

Deleting numbers out of speed dial is a chore. It is not intuitive and takes multiple steps.

Also, "because of safety", you can only see the tops three speed dials while moving. If you want to call the fourth one, you need to pull over or grab your phone.

Most things won't work while you are moving, which I get from a safety standpoint. However, if you want to make a call to use the hands free, you have to pickup the phone to dial to use the hands free. They lock the key pad out.

Scrolling from each section of information is not smooth. You have to hit the back button multiple times to get anywhere.

Again, you can't make a phone call for safety reasons, but the they are ok with you having to hit multiple buttons to get anywhere.

Full support is only available for the iPhone5.

If you use bluetooth and are listening something via bluetooth, then plug that device in, it resets the bluetooth and you have to wait for it to resync.

This sucks if you are in the middle of the 1812 and plug your phone in, only to have it pause. Pretty harsh to a good 1812.

Or Pandora. If you are listening to a song on Pandora and plug your radio in, it resets.

Also, for Pandora, the song fields don't always populate. Also, sometimes the Pandora option doesn't work, but if you unplug your phone, you can listen to it as a bluetooth device.

Not the end of the world by any means, but...

Other than the bloody radio, I have almost zero complaints and it a pretty gosh darn good car.

·
Registered
5 Posts
One other thing that sucks is if you have multiple bluetooth iPhone paired with the car, there is no way to select which bluetooth phone to use besides disabling bluetooth on the additional iPhones.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts