Honda HR-V Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about getting a condo car for low mileage retiree usage in Florida. Have a 2019 HRV in Canada, and pondering a mid mileage 2016 2 wheel drive HRV as errand car.

1) wondering when the cvt comes off warranty.
2) how much mileage is too much
3) we like white, the high risk color. If it is still ok in 2020, does this mean its likely an ok paint job or already repainted?
4) is 2017 less risky

thoughts?

·
Premium Member
600 Posts
I don’t think I’d buy another HRV with all the CVT issues that you read about here. In addition to that I’m really disgusted with how Honda hasthe paint issue especially the white paint. There’s no excuse for laying down paint that doesn’t stick to the car.The battery issue is real too.I don’t think there’s any difference between a 2016 through 2020. Just my 02. By the way my HRV is three years old and has been flawless, no problems whatsoever. But that doesn’t mean I’d buy another one. I also think the HRV is the best styled mini SUV you can buy.

·
Registered
861 Posts
For that matter, why not a Civic? Probably cost you even less since no one wants sedans these days.

·
Registered
338 Posts
If you can find a first generation Fit with low enough mileage, that might be good! I had an 07, it was the best car I've owned! 250K miles when I traded. No repair ever, only maintenance. It still had the factory rear brakes when I traded! I still see it on the road occasionally. Fits also have the magic Seat and high cargo capacity like an HR-V.

·
Registered
338 Posts
The CVT Issues are raised here. I don't know what percentage they make up. Consumer reports gives the transmissions in the HR-V, Fit, and Civic their best maintenance rating. I'm cautiously optimistic, but I do have an 8 yr, 120K miles Honda Care too!

·
Super Moderator
1,678 Posts
Not when the issue more than normal and is one of the more expensive items to repair. :-(

·
Registered
7 Posts
The important thing to look for if possible, is the build sheet saying where the transmission was built. If made in Japan you would be fine. If made elsewhere I would pass.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I guess I'll be the first to ask: what's a "condo car"? A quick google search turned up nothing...is this some sort of Canadian lingo?

·
Premium Member
600 Posts
It’s more of a Florida term. It just stands for people that live up north and keep a car down here for their condominium or second home Down here. It has nothing to do with the type of car or make. You can tell because they’re the ones with the car cover that lashed closed from March through September. My condo garage is 30% lashed and covered during this time.

Reactions: Tazgaro
1 - 11 of 11 Posts