Honda HR-V Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,

I really love my hrv over the first miles....but one question remains. The digits of the a/c look very foggy with an visible halo specially during night drive. Looks a bit like there is a protective screen over the whole control unit. Does your a/c control looks the same? Thx Galuwen

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,611 Posts
Yes, there is a slight fog to it. You camera shake made it even worst. One of the few things I did not like about the touch control when I had the HRV.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, there is a slight fog to it. You camera shake made it even worst. One of the few things I did not like about the touch control when I had the HRV.
Funny thing: In the German hrv forum many customers explain that there is a full size protective screen from the factory on it which is hard to "find the start point" to peel off. Thus - they explain - is the reason that many hrv customers drive with it. I also found an air bubble yesterday underneath it. Chances are ?. I wrote Honda and will show to my dealer and report.

Galuwen

PS Thx for the FAST reply and any comment / experience is welcome.

·
Super Moderator
1,611 Posts
It is possible. I never looked for it. If there is a protective film. I usually leave it on for protection. If it doesn’t bothered me that much.

If there is film, stick strong duck tape on the edge and try to put it up.

·
Super Moderator
1,402 Posts
Ok. I tried uploading a pic but its not working. The AC touch screen in the first picture the OP posted looks fine.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Mine looks like the first OP pic also.
It is foggy (the temp and the fan speed display.), but I couldn't find any film...? I guess that's just the way it is....!

·
Registered
6 Posts
if the protective film is on it remove and turn down the brightness until its clear. Probably just the brightness glare on the plastic?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Can you turn down the brightness of the a/c control unit? Wasn't aware of that... how's it done please? Thx Alex

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Thx for the hint. I can just adjust it in two step bright and very bright ?. On mine it's done with the turning knob for the instrument panel...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts