Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
I like the fact that the Ecosport is 78" wide. If you check all the other CUV or tall hatch contenders, I think they're mostly 70" wide. I would personally love that extra 8" of cockpit width, while still keeping the vehicle length under control.

Edit - it was pointed out to me that the number I got from the Aussie site was way off - probably more like 68". Sigh...

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Same width as a Ford Explorer? Yikes, definitely won't appeal to city buyers which this category is targeted towards.

I like the fact that the Ecosport is 78" wide. If you check all the other CUV or tall hatch contenders, I think they're mostly 70" wide. I would personally love that extra 8" of cockpit width, while still keeping the vehicle length under control.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Well, is it width that makes a car feel big or length? I don't know - I'd be interested in other viewpoints. Personally, I always love a shorter car, and it's one of the reasons I love the Soul - it gives the same cargo space (seats down) as an HRV, but it's 6" shorter (163" vs 169"). I mainly think of the vehicle length when I'm trying to back into a parallel parking spot.

For me, personally, I'd prefer a shorter but wider car. An extra 8" of elbow room? Yea!

·
Registered
402 Posts
I believe the correct width is 69.4...I mean look at it. Its not 1/2 ft wider than an Escape.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Where did you see the Ford Ecosport coming to the US is 78" wide?

·
Registered
402 Posts
Were it 8" wider than normal for the class, that would add 3sqft plus in frontal area rendering it uncompetitive in fuel economy.

Would add a lot of weight too. I'm getting visions of a tall AMC Pacer.
Extra width would be a boon to 3 abreast seating in the rear. The last time I felt a little pinched in the front for elbow room was before I sold my TR-6. Way more room width wise in the front seats of my CX-5 than I need. I am a little narrow through the shoulders though.

The Triumph was 61" wide.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Were it 8" wider than normal for the class, that would add 3sqft plus in frontal area rendering it uncompetitive in fuel economy.

Would add a lot of weight too. I'm getting visions of a tall AMC Pacer.
Extra width would be a boon to 3 abreast seating in the rear. The last time I felt a little pinched in the front for elbow room was before I sold my TR-6. Way more room width wise in the front seats of my CX-5 than I need. I am a little narrow through the shoulders though.

The Triumph was 61" wide.
Not saying extra width isn't sometimes useful. I once bruised my elbow while attempting the Funky Chicken to a CCR tune.

Ramble Tamble , I believe it was.

It was epic....shouda been there.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Yes, I pulled that 78" off the Aussie site. Now that I think about it - it kind of doesn't make sense for a Fiesta based tall hatch. Bummer - these little guys could use a few more inches in width. I think the right number might be 68".

·
Registered
402 Posts
Not saying extra width isn't sometimes useful. I once bruised my elbow while attempting the Funky Chicken to a CCR tune.

Ramble Tamble , I believe it was.

It was epic....shouda been there.

Just thinking....
As I said before my 73 TR6 was 61" wide.
Compared to my buddy's M.G Midget (54"), the triumph really let you rattle around.:D
I guess it they reintroduce it , it will have be called the M.G. "Little Persom"

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Maybe you should put in your preorder?

Maybe its just me, but I don't see this appealing to many, especially those living in the city. :laugh:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.