Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
1,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These past few days I've been hearing an unusual rumble coming from the engine bay but had been forgetting to check under the hood.

Today, while installing new HID bulbs, I noticed that a nut for the passenger side motor mount was just a few threads away from completely coming off. What's weird is that I've never messed with that nut in the 6+ years of owning my HRV. I'm sort of surprised that it came loose now and not sooner. I tightened it back up and took it for a drive and the rumbling is now gone. Check that your motor mount nuts are on their tightly everyone.
Automotive tire Hood Automotive design Automotive fuel system Motor vehicle

·
Registered
135 Posts
These past few days I've been hearing an unusual rumble coming from the engine bay but had been forgetting to check under the hood.

Today, while installing new HID bulbs, I noticed that a nut for the passenger side motor mount was just a few threads away from completely coming off. What's weird is that I've never messed with that nut in the 6+ years of owning my HRV. I'm sort of surprised that it came loose now and not sooner. I tightened it back up and took it for a drive and the rumbling is now gone. Check that your motor mount nuts are on their tightly everyone.
View attachment 33179
I’m thinking that it might depend in how rough the roads are where you frequent. Repeated vibration from rough roads may loosen any nut to this extent. But that’s just my guess.

·
Registered
479 Posts
I haven't looked at mine, but your pic looks like it may be a self locking nut. I'm surprised it would do that. If it were mine I would replace the nut with a new factory parts nut.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I'd put a touch of Loctite 242 on the bolt & torque the nut back down to spec, if you can find what that is. If the treads are buggered up I'd replace the nut, but I doubt that would be the case.

·
Administrator
1,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I haven't looked at mine, but your pic looks like it may be a self locking nut. I'm surprised it would do that. If it were mine I would replace the nut with a new factory parts nut.
It's just a regular nut, not self locking.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts