Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
738 Posts
i wish the compartment down below had a door or something to ensure what ever is put in their will not go into the drivers foot well area and under the brake pedal, i can already see that being an issue. Something a water bottle can do.

·
Registered
316 Posts
i wish the compartment down below had a door or something to ensure what ever is put in their will not go into the drivers foot well area and under the brake pedal, i can already see that being an issue. Something a water bottle can do.
I'm pretty sure there is a lip to prevent items from sliding into the drivers compartment.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Interesting on the backup not giving you any sound warning. What's up with that.
Backup cameras and backup/parking sensors are two different things. Honda only offers parking sensors in the Pilot touring, Odyssey touring, and Odyssey touring elite. (Big vehicles)

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Nice video.
Hopefully we can add in the link to the second day testing as well.
Interesting to see how the off-road test goes.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Backup cameras and backup/parking sensors are two different things. Honda only offers parking sensors in the Pilot touring, Odyssey touring, and Odyssey touring elite. (Big vehicles)

Ah, did not realize, just thought these things went hand in hand. I think it is odd not to have both, regardless what kind of vehicle it is.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Ah, did not realize, just thought these things went hand in hand. I think it is odd not to have both, regardless what kind of vehicle it is.
I've never had either, but then I've always owned small, economical cars, and my newest is now 12 years old. I guess sensors and cameras have replaced actual visibility... you know, enough glass to allow good sightlines in all directions.

Not to criticize the safety aids; it all helps. Just wish you could still see out when you want to.

·
Registered
514 Posts
But the tester was himself waiting for the beep. Guess he didn't know that either?

He was, it sounded like he was surprised that it didn't do anything before he crashed into Dino.

I've never had either, but then I've always owned small, economical cars, and my newest is now 12 years old. I guess sensors and cameras have replaced actual visibility... you know, enough glass to allow good sightlines in all directions.

Not to criticize the safety aids; it all helps. Just wish you could still see out when you want to.

I haven't had either as well, just been in a passenger with one. I don't think I would ever just rely on one (especially the business that I'm in), but not having one and being in a passenger in two different ones that beep, I would have the thought that they all did and it would be too late for me to realize it did not have one had I not seen this video.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts