Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was all excited awaiting the new HR-V, even told my Dealer I wanted their first loaded red one. Now after driving to work after more than a 4 month lay-off there is no way I would put a new car through that. Gas well traffic is awful. One mile of the road has a wet layer of mud and rocks on it with the trucks splattering you with it when they go by. Road surface is in terrible shape. I will have to run My HHR for another season. I was hoping to run the HR-V all summer and the HHR in the winter. Freakin Frackers, all they do is tear up the roads and destroy the environment and don't put any money into the average resident's pocket.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Where are you living? Didn't realize fracking was causing sh*t like this. I just thought it made peoples' water catch on fire.

·
Registered
89 Posts
North central PA and yes it also makes peoples water catch fire.
Central Pa here and I must agree with you. I currently have a civic that since this cracking business started, the amount of chips on my front bumper is ugly. I maintain my distance at most times from trucks but it doesn't stop. I hope the HRV has a full bra available. My civic uses a half, therefore the hood is good but that bumper. Any word on accessories such as a bra?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Central Pa here and I must agree with you. I currently have a civic that since this cracking business started, the amount of chips on my front bumper is ugly. I maintain my distance at most times from trucks but it doesn't stop. I hope the HRV has a full bra available. My civic uses a half, therefore the hood is good but that bumper. Any word on accessories such as a bra?
Whatever I buy will have to have a bra on it. Putting something ugly on the car to keep it from getting ugly. Thinking about one to cover up the ugly on the HHR (I know the whole thing is ugly) Waiting another year until I decide what I am going to buy. HR-V, Fit, Used Volt, New Volt, Used Prius

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Why not a clear bra? I had one on my Accord for 10 years and the front end looked as good the day I sold it as the day I bought it. Plus I didn't have to worry about maintaining it, moisture underneath or replacing it.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Why not a clear bra? I had one on my Accord for 10 years and the front end looked as good the day I sold it as the day I bought it. Plus I didn't have to worry about maintaining it, moisture underneath or replacing it.
Hi there,

Where did you purchase the clear bra from? What brand is it?

Thanks!

·
Registered
8 Posts
North central PA and yes it also makes peoples water catch fire.
My Father-in-Law lives in Bradford County, yes, the trucks are a PITA, but they've recently done a great job repaving the road by his house, and besides those gas checks aren't too shabby...

No flaming tap water, and the deer & turkey populations haven't been affected any...

Smitty

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Will look into that when I do buy something new. Way too late for my current car.
I did try the Cleartastic paint protectors on my Corvette but being bright yellow it looked like I put window tint on the paint.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Hi there,

Where did you purchase the clear bra from? What brand is it?

Thanks!
It was local independent guy, but it was a 3M product. The installer really took his time. I even had the backs of the mirrors and lip of the bumper near the trunk done. Well worth the cost, which has only come down in the years.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts