Honda HR-V Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you dislike about the HRV?
Just bought a 2018 HRV. Second day of driving it around town and my son notices an annoying vibration in the front passenger seat while car is idling in park. I took it to the dealer today to see if they could repair it, and they state it is an issue with all HRVs. Hope the geniuses at Honda can come up with a cure for the weird, unpleasant front passenger seat vibration.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Just bought a 2018 HRV. Second day of driving it around town and my son notices an annoying vibration in the front passenger seat while car is idling in park. I took it to the dealer today to see if they could repair it, and they state it is an issue with all HRVs. Hope the geniuses at Honda can come up with a cure for the weird, unpleasant front passenger seat vibration.
Did they offer any insight to the origin in the vibration? Wonder if it's related to a cooling fan or belt. I'd be pretty annoyed too.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Sorry for your problem but the Dealer is incorrect. This is NOT a problem in all HRVs. Very few based on prior postings.

Keep us updated.

·
Registered
414 Posts
No cure needed from Honda for anything similar to your complaint. No weird vibration in my 2017 EX AWD. My car is smooth and quiet at idle. I don’t think this is an issue with all HRVs and I think you will prevail if you are more assertive. If they insist it’s common to all HRVs, let them prove it.

Perhaps you can get the service manager to take a ride in your car and then insist you get a test drive with the mgr in a different HRV. Either he’s going to feel the vibration in yours or you’re going to be able to point out there’s no vibration in the other car, just yours. Don’t talk to the salesman or anyone in sales. Only address your dissatisfaction to the sales mgr. don’t accept malarkey.

Keep us informed.

·
Registered
95 Posts
The 2017 EX CVT loaner I had for a few days had a seat vibration when the vehicle was idling, regardless of gear position. It went away as soon as the vehicle was rolling at any speed. It went in varying cyclical intensities like "rrrrrrrRRRRRrrrrrrRRRRR" and so on. Not really annoying, just noticeable. It's like putting your phone on vibrate, sitting on the other end of the couch, and receiving a call.

I mentioned it to the loaner manager when I returned it but I don't know if they did anything. My HR-V has the 6-speed manual and doesn't have the same vibration.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I test drive 2 HRVs last month, 2020 model, and they both had the annoying vibration in the front passenger seat.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Have any of you with seat vibration issues tried loosening and retightening the seat mounting bolts to relieve any stress of misalignment from assembly?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts