Honda HR-V Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our family's first Honda, and liking the HRV. Looking to pick up a set of EASY to install seat covers from the front seat. Not necessarily looking for anything too fancy, just something I can slip over the seats to protect them. Washable would be a plus. Again, an easy on / off would be the most practical selling point. Looked on Amazon, but figured I'd try here. Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
598 Posts
Look on Amazon for an Aries seat defender. I’ve used them on my last three cars. It is a rubberized sheet that does not move once you put it on, but it comes on and comes off in a matter of 30 SECONDS… They work great. Use them during the week when you’re running errands, take them off when you’re entertaining people.

Reactions: Snow288

·
Registered
61 Posts
Our family's first Honda, and liking the HRV. Looking to pick up a set of EASY to install seat covers from the front seat. Not necessarily looking for anything too fancy, just something I can slip over the seats to protect them. Washable would be a plus. Again, an easy on / off would be the most practical selling point. Looked on Amazon, but figured I'd try here. Thanks in advance.
Hi, just bought a new 19 HRV LX. Did you ever get any seat covers? If so, which ones and would you recommend them? I'm thinking about getting the kind that I put on my wife's 16 Honda CRV, they do take a little bit of time to put them on, but they've held up pretty good and don't slip and look good. Congrats on your first Honday, this is my fourth Honda.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not yet, still looking. My wife is hesitant, says we don't need them but I think that is foolish. What kind did you get for. the CRV? DO you think these will fit the HRV seats?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Not yet, still looking. My wife is hesitant, says we don't need them but I think that is foolish. What kind did you get for. the CRV? DO you think these will fit the HRV seats?
I do think they'll fit the HRV. Here's what I bought.

I'll likely buy them, but they went up $12 so I'm going to look around to see if I can find them cheaper. They took a little over an hour to put on, but the price was right (not $100+) and because they ARE reasonable priced, buying and replacing every so often wouldn't be big deal. They're made in a way and the way you put them on makes them "flexible" for different sizes. There's a video you can watch that shows how to put them on. And most important they're made to split for airbags. I think they look pretty decent, but some may not. I'll try to take a picture of our CRV and post them but not until tomorrow later.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
When I bring up the Amazon link, it indicates the covers do not fit the HRV. As I have set Amazon Garage up for the HRV.

·
Registered
61 Posts
When I bring up the Amazon link, it indicates the covers do not fit the HRV. As I have set Amazon Garage up for the HRV.
Okay, that's one thing I didn't check! When I get time I'll have to check to see if this company offers a smaller size for the HRV. They're supposed to be universal, but maybe since the HRV is categorized as a smaller SUV/X-over it doesn't fit. From what I remember when I put them on my CRV, the way there designed and the method you put them on and secure them, there adjustable. Oh well, off to work, I'll look around more this evening.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Okay, check this link ( https://www.amazon.com/FH-Group-FB030BLACK115-COMBO-Steering-Compatible/dp/B01HUTS6CM/ .

I took a little time to search for HRV compatible seat covers from the same company, and it seams they have one. Like I said earlier, they have a video showing how to install them that will give you a better idea overall of these seat covers and how they install.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Okay, check this link ( https://www.amazon.com/FH-Group-FB030BLACK115-COMBO-Steering-Compatible/dp/B01HUTS6CM/ .

I took a little time to search for HRV compatible seat covers from the same company, and it seams they have one. Like I said earlier, they have a video showing how to install them that will give you a better idea overall of these seat covers and how they install.
Keep us posted after you order them as to how they fit. I had Coverking neoprene front seat covers on my Honda Fit- they fit perfectly , but I don't feel like spending $200 on front covers alone for my HR-V.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Keep in mind with seat covers, that you probably get what you pay for them
Yeah, I get it, I'm not looking for perfection and this brand (though cheap), has been in my wife's CRV for a year and a half with kids/teenagers and pretty heavily utilized and they've held up well, and stayed in place. A small wear/tear is starting to appear in the drivers side seat where you rub against the edge getting in/out of the car. At this inexpensive price, I consider getting a year and a half a good deal and will likely buy the replacement again.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Keep us posted after you order them as to how they fit. I had Coverking neoprene front seat covers on my Honda Fit- they fit perfectly , but I don't feel like spending $200 on front covers alone for my HR-V.
Okay, just ordered these.

I liked the more-unique color pattern so I spent $10 more than something solid or different pattern. I have a two-tone black/gray interior so I felt this color/pattern would look nice. I'm not prime, so it'll probably take at least five days for delivery. I'll be sure to post pictures and review the product.

Yeah, I just don't feel like spending 200+ on seat covers either. FYI, I'll be ordering splash guards, and the hood deflector soon. I'll also be getting window tint.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
These look like they might fit the bill. I'll be curious as to how much of a hassle it is to put them on.

One thing that worried me though, I entered 2019 HRV LX 4 door sport. When I put them in my cart, where I'll decide whether or not to buy them, it said "2019 Honda Civic". Does this make sense?

Thanks for all your help with this. Hoping for an easy install and not having to spend $200.

·
Registered
61 Posts
These look like they might fit the bill. I'll be curious as to how much of a hassle it is to put them on.

One thing that worried me though, I entered 2019 HRV LX 4 door sport. When I put them in my cart, where I'll decide whether or not to buy them, it said "2019 Honda Civic". Does this make sense?

Thanks for all your help with this. Hoping for an easy install and not having to spend $200.
I get the "green check" ---> "This item fits your 2019 Honda HRV". These are universal fit so this tells me that they'd fit a lot of cars similar to civic's and HRV's.

I let you know how the install goes, but like I said, I did my wife's CRV about a year and a half ago and going slow (because I wanted to do a good job), I think a little over an hour (but that's for both front seats and back seats).

·
Registered
61 Posts
Okay, finally received them (the ones after the original ones I had to return because they weren't airbag compatible) and installed them. Short answer is for the front seats, these were easy to install and I really like the way they look. The back seats, they took a lot of time to get them to look decent and smooth and secure and even then the install doesn't look that good (didn't even bother showing a picture of the back seats) I do see where you can buy just the front seats only. The company that makes these has a link to a youtube page that shows the basic concept of installing these. These are stretchy and strong without ripping very easy (think thick industrial strength pantyhose).

Attachments

·
Premium Member
598 Posts
The seat armor and ones like it are complete crap. There are just a terrycloth towel that instantly rides up as soon as you sit on it. If you want something like this that is a sheet that doesn’t ride up what is a rubberized nylon that is perfect.... as I wrote in post #2, look on Amazon for a Aries seat defender. I’ve used them on my last three cars ....they are perfect on and off in five seconds…

·
Registered
2019 Honda HR-V LX CVT AWD. Crystal Black Perl with many many mods!
92 Posts
Check out my thread for leather seat covers they are very expensive but you get what you pay for!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts