Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today, I decided to get my HRV EX-L two front windows tinted. They also added a front sun shield to the front windshield. Got 30% tint which makes it still legal in Alabama. It cost $187 and took about 1 1/2 hours. They used Llumar ceramic tint.

Attached are the pictures.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Looks Sharp!

Depending on the purpose of the tint, more for appearance or also keeping the heat out, you may want to do the rear doors and rear window as well. Keep in mind, the rear doors are privacy glass (dyed glass) not actually tinted for heat and UV deflection.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Depending on the purpose of the tint, more for appearance or also keeping the heat out, you may want to do the rear doors and rear window as well. Keep in mind, the rear doors are privacy glass (dyed glass) not actually tinted for heat and UV deflection.

I will do at a later time as my next thing to buy is side body molding. Needed something quick to help the two front windows as it gets hot down in the deep south.

Thanks

·
Registered
262 Posts
Looks good, thanks for posting!

·
Registered
205 Posts
Was thinking about your windshield shade band yesterday as I was driving at sunset and being blinded by the sun through the exact 2" crack between the end of the visor and the A pillar! Might have to spring for both on this car so I don't bake my driving arm.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I did 20% on the front two, then something less on the rear three to make them match the front. Left it to my tint guy. He matched the tint perfectly and it looks good to my eyes. Illegal dark, but on white is looks less dark and I'm not worried about it as my cars have been illegal dark for years and years and I've never had an issue. Not been pulled over in almost 20 years and if you do the first thing you do is roll down all four windows fully! :) He charged me $160 for the whole thing. Was going to be $60 for just the front two. Been a customer of his for years so I assume I'm getting a slight discount. High quality lifetime film too.

[/URL]

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I did 20% on the front two, then something less on the rear three to make them match the front. Left it to my tint guy. He matched the tint perfectly and it looks good to my eyes. Illegal dark, but on white is looks less dark and I'm not worried about it as my cars have been illegal dark for years and years and I've never had an issue. Not been pulled over in almost 20 years and if you do the first thing you do is roll down all four windows fully! :) He charged me $160 for the whole thing. Was going to be $60 for just the front two. Been a customer of his for years so I assume I'm getting a slight discount. High quality lifetime film too.

[/URL]
They did a good job and your car looks nice. Can't do 20% in Alabama as that would be illegal so had to settle for 30%.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Yeah, 30% is all that is legal here too. I just did not care lol. Unless you are a kid they are looking to harass for some reason they will not mess with you for tint around here anyway at least not for 20%. Maybe if i went limo dark or something they would I don't know but I'm safe with this where I'm at. Tinting even just the front two makes a huge difference, looks good!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Yeah, 30% is all that is legal here too. I just did not care lol. Unless you are a kid they are looking to harass for some reason they will not mess with you for tint around here anyway at least not for 20%. Maybe if i went limo dark or something they would I don't know but I'm safe with this where I'm at. Tinting even just the front two makes a huge difference, looks good!
Looking good! ... Might have to shop around my dealers to see if i can get a pricing like yours haha!

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Looks great!

One thing to keep in mind with window film, be sure to know what your getting as typically each installer has various levels of quality.

Looking good! ... Might have to shop around my dealers to see if i can get a pricing like yours haha!

·
Registered
454 Posts
After having your front window tint now for a few weeks, how do you like it overall?

Been thinking of getting this done on my HR-V

Thanks...

·
Registered
221 Posts
I got a quote of $295 for the entire car. Still shopping around though. Sadly I can't go darker than 35% here in NC.

·
Registered
279 Posts
But the rear windows don't roll down all the way, so???? ;)
As long as they can see in, they will not bother you at all, at least in my state. Illegal, sure, but they have bigger worries than tint usually. I have had 20% tinted windows on different cars since I was 17 years old which was many years ago. Lived in three states and never had an issue in any of them. There is always someone else tinted darker, and doing something stupider than me. I've not been even pulled over in approaching 20 years.

When I was a teen I was pulled over A LOT and tint was never an issue even then. I worked nights and cops were bored when you are driving and night at they are fishing for problems and I still never had any issues. Roll them all down, turn on the lights an sit at 10 and 2 until they tell you otherwise!

1 - 20 of 52 Posts