Honda HR-V Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
new 2020 lx . Gauges seem tilted to right. Don’t seem centered to me Sorry not very good at explaining things. Iike they lean towards the right. Not straight up and down but offset to the right. Anybody else,or just my ocd! Thanks

·
Registered
Brilliant Sporty Blue Honda HR-V 1.5 iVTEC SE 6 Speed Manual
79 Posts
Have a look on the Honda website for promo images of the HR-V dash, or download the brochure for the same, and compare and contrast.

If either confirm your suspicions, print the image(s) off and take to your local Honda dealer to rectify under warranty.

Regards,

HT

·
Registered
2019 Honda HR-V Touring CBP
436 Posts
Maybe the gauges aren't tilted, but the steering is misaligned (if you're basing on that)?

·
Registered
2017 Honda HR-V VTi-S 1.8 litre CVT
5 Posts
new 2020 lx . Gauges seem tilted to right. Don’t seem centered to me Sorry not very good at explaining things. Iike they lean towards the right. Not straight up and down but offset to the right. Anybody else,or just my ocd! Thanks
I suspect that the photograph of the gauges has been taken on a slight tilt. Look carefully at the top of the picture against the top of the binnacle - the distance from the centre to where you can see daylight above the binnacle is greater on the left than on the right.

I have straightened the photo in Photoshop and it looks much better. I suspect that it may be an optical illusion caused by the steering wheel not being exactly horizontal when travelling in a straight direction - see the clearance between the steering wheel and the minor gauges. I recommend that you get the wheel alignment checked.

As this is a USA Honda where you drive on the right-hand side of the road (we in Australia call it the wrong side), the tilt of the steering wheel shown in the photo is consistent with the effect of the camber of the road. Find a quiet stretch of two-lane road and drive the vehicle along the crown of the road.

Regards

Honda HR-V Dash.jpeg

1 - 14 of 14 Posts