Honda HR-V Forum banner
81 - 100 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
I had read earlier this year that the 2022 HRV was going to be bigger, and I was excited about that. I have a 2010 CRV that I absolutely love, but it’s time to get something new. I am not crazy about the current CRV. As another poster commented, it keeps getting bigger and bigger, and I don’t want that. I love the size of the 2010. The current HRV is too small, so I was in hopes that the 2022 would be just right. From the pictures I have seen, the size is great, and I love the backend and the side view. If the pictures are accurate, with all due respect, I think the grill and the front end are ugly. I saw pictures of both the red and white and I just don’t like that monochromatic look with the grill matching the car color. I really don’t like the shape of the front end either. Maybe it looks better in person, but based on the pictures I am really disappointed. I haven’t really started test driving yet because the availability is pretty slim right now on lots around my hometown. Based on appearance alone, I think I’m leaning towards the Volvo XC 40. It is the right size and it has the two-tone paint option and some really nice interior features. I had a Volvo S 60 and it was a bit of a lemon, but everyone has rated the XC 40 really hugh so it’s definitely on the test drive list. I really wanted a Honda because I’ve had three and they’ve been good cars. Another issue I have with both the CRV and the HRV is at the back glasses keep getting smaller and smaller and the visibility out of the back is really poor. Even in my 2010, I am afraid to say that I have backed into something twice. My hunt continues.
I'm still happy overall with with low-mileage 2017 HRV. Always looking and thanks for comments about the Volvo's. I only have one more new vehicle in my universe so really waiting to knock-a-homer with the next one - for now, HRV's got my back.

·
Registered
Brilliant Sporty Blue Honda HR-V 1.5 iVTEC SE 6 Speed Manual
1,234 Posts
Apparently Honda are increasing the price of the HR-V from 1 Jan 22 by £1,000. Which now makes its starting price slightly under £28k with top spec models just under £33k. I already thought it was over priced, but now it is just getting silly.

I would guestimate that this would mean after 3 years and 30k miles a second hand HR-V will cost in the low £20k's, compared to my four year old, 30k mile mid spec MkII which cost £12k.

I could understand HUK pricing policy if it was a PHEV rather than a self charger as you could off set some of the cost with running it on battery power alone. Bearing in mind the boot space in the HR-V is only 6 - 21 litres more than the Jazz/Fit (298 litres compared to 304/319 litres) and that runs on a similar powertrain which starts at just under £20k and goes up to just under £23k for the top of the range EX, the HR-V pricing makes even less sense.

As it currently stands, unless Honda bring out another model range to fit in the price point between the Jazz/Fit and HR-V, the only Honda I can see myself purchasing in the near future is the Jazz/Fit as I am currently priced out of everything else in their line up.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
So, even though Honda UK introduced a £1,000 price increase on the hybrid HR-V in January 2022, they have seen fit to add another £1,000 from today. This means it now starts at £28,835/$37,730, rising to £33,835/$44,272.

Bearing in mind that due to having to fit a battery for the hybrid component, boot capacity is reduced from 430 litres in the current HR-V, to 304/319 litres, with practically no under boot storage. Also, the petrol tank is reduced from 50 litres or 11 Imperial gallons/13.2 US gallons from the current HR-V, to 40 litres or 8.8 Imperial gallons/10.5 US gallons.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Car Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting

Car Vehicle Window Steering part Steering wheel

Tire Car Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Vehicle registration plate

Car Land vehicle Wheel Tire Vehicle

We have just ordered a HRV Hybrid(Australia).They are officially released on the 19th April.Took a demonstrator for a drive(only 30kms on the odo,& we were the very first to drive it.)very impressed.Looking forward to getting.Had a few options put on it.Different set of 18” Honda alloys which will look so much better.
This one is just a floor model & will not be sold for awhile.Ours is the same colour( Premium crystal red).

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
You!

Up until fairly recently I used that forum a lot, but most of the content is now MkIII related. I still keep an eye on it every now and then, and that's when I noticed a recent posting that seemed very familiar!

·
Registered
2019 Honda HR-V Sport
29 Posts
View attachment 33741
View attachment 33744
View attachment 33742
View attachment 33743
We have just ordered a HRV Hybrid(Australia).They are officially released on the 19th April.Took a demonstrator for a drive(only 30kms on the odo,& we were the very first to drive it.)very impressed.Looking forward to getting.Had a few options put on it.Different set of 18” Honda alloys which will look so much better.
This one is just a floor model & will not be sold for awhile.Ours is the same colour( Premium crystal red).
What are the length and width of the OZ model??

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
What are the length and width of the OZ model??
The Rest of the World HR-V measurements are;
(current HR-V) 25.4mm = 1 inch

Length: 4340mm (+46mm)
Width: 1790mm/2028mm with wing mirrors extended (+18/+9mm)
Height: 1582mm (-23mm)
Wheel Base: 2610mm (same)
Ground Clearance: 188mm (+18mm)

Current HR-V is:
L: 4294mm
W: 1772/2019mm with wing mirrors extended
H: 1605mm
WB: 2610mm
GC:170mm

The fuel tank in the new HR-V is smaller compared to the current HR-V, 40 litres compared to 50 litres.

·
Registered
11 Posts
As Hadleys taxi quoted for the rest of the world.Basically the same car, except for trim levels.Our Hybrid is the top spec model,& only one available albeit with a few options which I have added.

81 - 100 of 104 Posts