Honda HR-V Forum banner
41 - 60 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
2016 HR-V EX
207 Posts
I saw this a couple days ago. I'm not sure if it's real or even coming to NA though.
You had me curious so I did a reverse image search.

"Rendering artist Kleber Silva has just revealed his interpretation of a 2022 HR-V and it gave us an interesting idea."

So not real but it'll be interesting to see how close he got to the real thing.

·
Registered
Brilliant Sporty Blue Honda HR-V 1.5 iVTEC SE 6 Speed Manual
751 Posts
That rendering looks very similar to the Chinese market UR-V. The model designators and engine line-up is identical to the UK market.

Oh, and if you ever wanted your HR-V without the three passenger air vents across the dash, welcome to the XR-V!!

My YouTube channel is rammed with videos claiming either of the above is the NEW HR-V. We've only 5 more days to find out....

·
Registered
2016 HR-V EX
207 Posts
That rendering looks very similar to the Chinese market UR-V. The model designators and engine line-up is identical to the UK market.
That UR-V is very nice. I hear some domestic brands in China are priced quite low so I would think this is Honda bringing out their best to remain competitive and attractive.

edit: maybe I'm wrong. I see the touring model costs 65k CAD - 51k USD - 37k GBP in China so nothing cheap about it

·
Registered
4 Posts
According to this article, the 2022 HRV for US/Canada should be unveiled soon (i.e. mid year). This is their render. Obviously a new HRV mashed together with a CRV. I highly doubt it’ll look like this but points for trying.

With no Civic Si hatchback in 2022, the new HRV is looking better every day… even this one.

·
Registered
237 Posts
According to this article, the 2022 HRV for US/Canada should be unveiled soon (i.e. mid year). This is their render. Obviously a new HRV mashed together with a CRV. I highly doubt it’ll look like this but points for trying.

With no Civic Si hatchback in 2022, the new HRV is looking better every day… even this one.

View attachment 32174
Looks good...but I would not ever buy a first year model after it was redesigned....I would give it a year to get the bugs out of it....IMO

·
Registered
4 Posts
Looks good...but I would not ever buy a first year model after it was redesigned....I would give it a year to get the bugs out of it....IMO
I’d agree for most manufacturers but Honda concerns me less. By the time the HRV lands in NA it’ll have been overseas for a bit and the motors it’s likely to get will be updated versions of motors already in use.

·
Registered
17 Posts
The 2022 HR-V is a carryover.

Seven model years without a redesign. That's got to be some kind of record for Honda. :)

Buyers don't seem to care, though. The HR-V's sales are up more than any other Honda model by a wide margin.

If new HRVs are still made in Mexico. I would get the CX-30. I have a CX-5. It's refine and quiet.
I owned a 2020 CX-5 Signature. The build quality was outstanding. I couldn't find a single defect anywhere on that vehicle.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had read earlier this year that the 2022 HRV was going to be bigger, and I was excited about that. I have a 2010 CRV that I absolutely love, but it’s time to get something new. I am not crazy about the current CRV. As another poster commented, it keeps getting bigger and bigger, and I don’t want that. I love the size of the 2010. The current HRV is too small, so I was in hopes that the 2022 would be just right. From the pictures I have seen, the size is great, and I love the backend and the side view. If the pictures are accurate, with all due respect, I think the grill and the front end are ugly. I saw pictures of both the red and white and I just don’t like that monochromatic look with the grill matching the car color. I really don’t like the shape of the front end either. Maybe it looks better in person, but based on the pictures I am really disappointed. I haven’t really started test driving yet because the availability is pretty slim right now on lots around my hometown. Based on appearance alone, I think I’m leaning towards the Volvo XC 40. It is the right size and it has the two-tone paint option and some really nice interior features. I had a Volvo S 60 and it was a bit of a lemon, but everyone has rated the XC 40 really hugh so it’s definitely on the test drive list. I really wanted a Honda because I’ve had three and they’ve been good cars. Another issue I have with both the CRV and the HRV is at the back glasses keep getting smaller and smaller and the visibility out of the back is really poor. Even in my 2010, I am afraid to say that I have backed into something twice. My hunt continues.

·
Administrator
1,509 Posts
Does any dealer have new vehicles on the lot? Nobody around my area has any new ones. All manufacturer.
The dealers near me do. I pass by several dealers near me pretty often and I can see their new cars on the lot. Here's the one where I had my CVT updated.

·
Registered
2022 HR-V EX AWD
109 Posts
I saw an Ad for 2022 HR-V on Internet yesterday and Honda shows them on their web site so I guess they are for sale now.
When we were shopping a couple weeks ago, they didn't have any, and didn't know when they were coming in. Picked up one of the HR-V's that was in-delivery to the dealership, and it ended up being a 2022 instead of the 2021 they thought it was.

Reactions: SlowFosho
41 - 60 of 81 Posts