Honda HR-V Forum banner
61 - 80 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
Brilliant Sporty Blue Honda HR-V 1.5 iVTEC SE 6 Speed Manual
751 Posts
Just a few stats about the MkIII HR-V that may be of interest.

UK MkII FWD 1.5na 130bhp 6Spd Petrol Engine HR-V as comparison

Passenger space may be up but boot capacity is way down. It currently sits at 391 or 431 litres (boot only), or 448 or 470 litres (boot and under floor storage combined). The MkIII is 335 litres, which is around 56 to 96 litres (boot only) less than the MkII.

The fuel tank is reduced from 50 to 40 litres, effectively reducing range by over 100+ miles, 450 compared to 573 miles at 52mpg.

0-62mph (100kph) at 10.7mph is 0.3 of a second slower compared to the 6 speed manual, however, 0.2 of a second quicker than the CVT.

In the UK the electric tailgate in the video is available from Advance trim onwards which starts at over £29k, or $35.5k. The entry level model comes with a plastic steering wheel, which is quite frankly ridiculous on a model that starts at over £26k, or $32k. Most superminis (Fiesta, Clio, Polo) costing far less, come with a leather wrapped wheel as standard.

For the kind of money Honda are charging in the UK for the entry level model I'd probably be better off purchasing an 18 month - 2 year old Suzuki Across PHEV;

·
Registered
751 Posts
I thought you may find this of interest. And, yes, Honda UK (HUK) thinks it reasonable to charge nearly £1,000 to tint the windows.
MkIII Honda HR-V Accessory Catalogue

Compare and contrast pricing for the MKII;

MkII Honda HR-V Accessory Catalogue

Prices for accessories have risen by a minimum of 30%, though it should be noted the above MkII prices do not include installation, but in most cases you can DIY it.

I think whoever at HUK came up with this pricing, especially the £8+ charge for fitting a boot liner, should be CDT'd as they are obviously under the influence of something...

Glad I purchased my HR-V when I did!

·
Registered
751 Posts
Apparently in some markets the MkIII HR-V is already muscling in on the MkII...

This took place in Singers, cracking (if expensive) run ashore. Although you can be jailed for up to 2 years or fined S$100,000 for selling chewing gum and fined S$150 for not flushing a public toilet, which to be fair, is fine by me!

·
Registered
751 Posts

I think it is far too much of a compromise. The boot capacity is over 30% less than what I currently have, though I am not sure if the reduction is purely down to losing nearly all of the underfloor storage. Fuel consumption is nothing to write home about. There are enough threads on here about the lack of storage, and now it is even worse, this is the first review I have seen make mention of the lack or rear door pockets. I find them useful for keeping spare tissues and gloves when refueling or checking the oil. Some people have commented on here about the increased height of the middle seat, however, even the outer seats have issues.

Taking all things into consideration, I can definintely buy better and for cheaper.

Skoda Karoq, same size, bigger interior and boot space.

Nissan Qashquai, please take note of the correct pronunciation. NEEEEEEEEsan, indeed!

Road Traffic Inciddents and criminal interventions aside, I think I'll be keeping my HR-V for a considerable time yet.

·
Administrator
1,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
I am not sure if the reduction is purely down to losing nearly all of the underfloor storage
It is usually the height that is reduced with hybrids, width and length should be the same. I don't know the cargo dimensions of the new car? The width and length might have incresed or decreased?

·
Registered
751 Posts
It is usually the height that is reduced with hybrids, width and length should be the same. I don't know the cargo dimensions of the new car? The width and length might have incresed or decreased?
Apparently the dimensions are more or less the same. If you look at this section of the video you can see the majority of the underfloor storage (in my vehicle it is just under 100 litres, or just under a third of the MkIII's 309 litres) has been taken up by the hybrid gubbins.

Compare that space to what I have in my vehicle (not my vehicle in the image) - I don't have the option to carry a spare, so fill it with breakdown kit, spare oil, coolant, warm clothes, travel documents, etcetera.

Automotive design Sleeve Hood Automotive exterior Grey

·
Registered
751 Posts
If the engine line up in this report is correct, it is rather unfair that the European market is limited in its engine choice due to EU Environmental Legislation whilst the North American market continues to do it's impression of the Titanic's band - carrying on as normal whilst everything around them is being killed off!

·
Registered
751 Posts
This was posted on another forum;

New & Used Cars for Sale - Auto Trader UK

The fact Honda dealers are advertising these vehicles with nearly up to £1200 off list price (and that's before you try a broker) before the vehicle actually goes on sale tells me the dealers know better than Honda UK. It is definately way over priced in the UK - nearly £27k for the entry level model.

·
Registered
2019 Honda HR-V Touring CBP
625 Posts
This was posted on another forum;

New & Used Cars for Sale - Auto Trader UK

The fact Honda dealers are advertising these vehicles with nearly up to £1200 off list price (and that's before you try a broker) before the vehicle actually goes on sale tells me the dealers know better than Honda UK. It is definately way over priced in the UK - nearly £27k for the entry level model.
Or it's just a normal sale...?

·
Registered
751 Posts
Or it's just a normal sale...?
No, it is very unusual to discount a recently introduced model as this will have a knock on effect on second hand values and lease deals.

This is 1 year old MkII HR-V with 6k on the clock and it is being sold at around what it cost new:

When I purchased my previous vehicle it was so popular that none of the dealerships I spoke with would give any discount at all even though it had been on sale for 18 months and it was only a face lift. Second hand models were only a couple of £1k less than new.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I'd be fine if they issued an HRV like their 2013 Urban SUV Concept and dropped in a 169hp 2.0L engine like the 2022 Corolla Cross.

Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Tire Grille
Tire Car Vehicle Wheel Vehicle registration plate
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Reactions: Phalkon30
61 - 80 of 81 Posts