Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
I have been reading all of the information here and finally decided to join.
I live in North Idaho where all of the new HR-V's are only available as All Wheel Drive. I personally do not feel the need for this option after having driven 2wd cars (all Hondas btw) in this region for over 30 years. When I began my planned purchase of a 2 wheel drive HR-V, I was met with a lot of resistance from the dealer in my area. There are no 2WD models anywhere north of the Bay area of California (see cars.com, a great search resource).
Last weekend I finally test drove an EX model and it affirmed my thoughts that this is the next car for me. Since I am unable to find the elusive 2WD unless I fly down to San Jose CA (the closest one to me), I bit the bullet & went ahead & placed a factory order with the dealer for the car I want.
This is a new thread to encourage people who don't need AWD but feel like they don't have the 2WD choice available to them to consider going with the "special order" option. I am told it will take "up to 110 days" for my car of choice to come in. I am fine waiting and look forward to a fresh off the line car that fits my needs perfectly.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I am also waiting for the 2WD Manual LX or EX Version To be available in the NorthEast. Very Frustrating that i would have to drive 13 hours to south carolina to find the closest 2WD Manual HRV. My Dealer told me they should be available by the end of the summer in the NorthEast. When I spoke to my Dealer and suggested ordering exactly what i wanted he said their is no guarantee when it will get here.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's true. I have heard they are not shipping 2WD versions to any states in the north. If they are willing to take a deposit from you the dealership must place an order with the factory for the car of your choice. They will tell you they can't guarantee a delivery date to persuade you to buy one of the cars they have. The buyer should have the choice to get any car made. I don't go for their pressure to sell me an AWD version that I don't want/need. Good luck getting the car you want Bajando41.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was suspecting this to be the case. I do not want that AWD. I can wait, as long as I know that after 110 days I will get my 2WD. However, other threads advise that the earlier units will have engines made in Japan (indicating subsequent units will be made in Mexico and implying that might be more prone to quality issues).

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Welcome to the HRV Family!!!

Hello everyone,
I have been reading all of the information here and finally decided to join.
I live in North Idaho where all of the new HR-V's are only available as All Wheel Drive. I personally do not feel the need for this option after having driven 2wd cars (all Hondas btw) in this region for over 30 years. When I began my planned purchase of a 2 wheel drive HR-V, I was met with a lot of resistance from the dealer in my area. There are no 2WD models anywhere north of the Bay area of California (see cars.com, a great search resource).
Last weekend I finally test drove an EX model and it affirmed my thoughts that this is the next car for me. Since I am unable to find the elusive 2WD unless I fly down to San Jose CA (the closest one to me), I bit the bullet & went ahead & placed a factory order with the dealer for the car I want.
This is a new thread to encourage people who don't need AWD but feel like they don't have the 2WD choice available to them to consider going with the "special order" option. I am told it will take "up to 110 days" for my car of choice to come in. I am fine waiting and look forward to a fresh off the line car that fits my needs perfectly.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I agree that you do not need AWD to get around in snow in the slightest, I have for years and years in FWD and RWD vehicles. I drive a small car in manual with only 4.1 inches of ground clearance and a big turbo trying to break my traction all the time and I love making it into to work and laughing at those that can't get in. Don't even use snow tires. Ha! I made it last year many many days with 14-18 inches of snow on the ground and snowplows doing almost nothing. Never in my life been stuck or had issues in snow.

That said, a couple of years ago I go my very first AWD vehicle in my wifes CR-V and holy cow, it was actually funny to me how easy it was to get around. I was literally laughing when driving it. We will always have an AWD car now, I am a believer!

·
Registered
11 Posts
My closest dealer also insisted that I couldn't get a 2WD here in Pennsylvania, and even that a manual transmission wasn't being manufactured yet. So I started looking at dealers within a reasonable driving distance. I was lucky enough to find a Baltimore dealer that also owned locations in North Carolina with a few 2WD HR-Vs in stock. They drove an EX manual up to Baltimore for me yesterday (5 hours). Today I rented a car and drove 4 hours each way to get it. They even picked me up at the rental car place that was like 25 minutes away. It also gave me the opportunity to really drive the thing and see real fuel economy, which was 40+ mpg for the 200 mile trip home.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I am also waiting for the 2WD Manual LX or EX Version To be available in the NorthEast. Very Frustrating that i would have to drive 13 hours to south carolina to find the closest 2WD Manual HRV. My Dealer told me they should be available by the end of the summer in the NorthEast. When I spoke to my Dealer and suggested ordering exactly what i wanted he said their is no guarantee when it will get here.
I drove a white 2WD EX manual at a dealership in eastern Tennessee last weekend. One could probably get a great deal as the salesman and sales manager complained that they have sold all of the autos, but felt stuck with the manual. They said that even other dealers would not trade for it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts