Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 20 of 154 Posts

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that a number of people on here have purchased their HRV, thought we need a thread to track on the things people didn't know, but learn about their HRV. Maybe something that wasn't in the user manual or something you think most others would want to know, but didn't find the information readily available from your dealership. ;)

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
The Brake Hold feature is nice, but it needs to be re-established for each time you start the car. The salesman was floored when I showed him how that actually worked. He thought it was part of the parking brake! Also, with the EX-L you can control pretty much everything with your voice. Guess I won't have to worry too much about putting finger prints on the big touch screen.

·
Registered
445 Posts
On the LX, there is a day/night button on the upper left hand corner of the radio screen. Obviously it toggles day (bright) and night (dim) displays. However, a third touch will blacken the screen. Radio changes will briefly be shown on the top of the screen before going blank again. Nice!

·
Registered
20 Posts
@bbhondaguy: the brake hold, when enabled, allows you to take your foot off the brake at a standstill while keeping the car stopped. A press of the accelerator disables the brake hold and allows you to continue driving like normal. Mostly I think it's useful for stop-and-go traffic or long lights where your foot gets fatigued holding the brake down.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good tidbit!

The Brake Hold feature is nice, but it needs to be re-established for each time you start the car. The salesman was floored when I showed him how that actually worked. He thought it was part of the parking brake! Also, with the EX-L you can control pretty much everything with your voice. Guess I won't have to worry too much about putting finger prints on the big touch screen.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Is the voice control feature of the EX the same as that of the EX-L Navi? Nothing I've yet seen in the literature to suggest yes or no.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Is the voice control feature of the EX the same as that of the EX-L Navi? Nothing I've yet seen in the literature to suggest yes or no.
The EX-L Navi has many more voice features. In my EX I believe I can only do phone commands. I tried some of the other voice features like climate control, and the commands aren't understood.

·
Registered
64 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
I missed that the cargo cover is an accessory. I would have asked about that before I bought my HR-V. $99 seems an awful lot for a flimsy foldable cloth cover, even if it's just the right size and shape.

Is there any hope for less expensive after-market cargo covers?

·
Registered
389 Posts
I missed that the cargo cover is an accessory. I would have asked about that before I bought my HR-V. $99 seems an awful lot for a flimsy foldable cloth cover, even if it's just the right size and shape.

Put the $99.00 towards a nice tint job. You get privacy, protection from the sun's harmful UV ray's and heat reduction, all at the same time.

·
Registered
332 Posts

Did you get the cargo cover or liner? Just curious as I want the liner for mine when I purchase.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Did you get the cargo cover or liner? Just curious as I want the liner for mine when I purchase.
I got neither, unfortunately. I did not think to ask. I assumed the cargo cover was included, and my last subcompact wagon had a stronger more durable floor.

I will need to get something, either the Honda cargo tray or cargo liner, or a Weathertech or Husky cargo mat that was mentioned in another thread.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Actually like the liner and cargo cover, both serve important roles in addition to tinting the windows.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I am assuming the liner goes all the way up on the sides, at least it looks like it does in the pic, and that would keep me from vacuuming the sides all the time. My dealer has not seen one yet. I also like that you can fold the end down over the bumper to protect it. That will help with getting dogs in and out, and whatever else I might need to transport.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Unfortunately, accessories are just becoming available.

I am assuming the liner goes all the way up on the sides, at least it looks like it does in the pic, and that would keep me from vacuuming the sides all the time. My dealer has not seen one yet. I also like that you can fold the end down over the bumper to protect it. That will help with getting dogs in and out, and whatever else I might need to transport.

1 - 20 of 154 Posts