Honda HR-V Forum banner
141 - 154 of 154 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Just discovered how nicely Auto works on the climate controls. Once the temperature is set it will maintain it. When you first get into the car and it's colder than the set temperature it won't turn on the fan until the engine is warm enough to blow in warm air and raise the temperature. Then when it reaches the temperature it automatically turns down the fan.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Just discovered how nicely Auto works on the climate controls. Once the temperature is set it will maintain it. When you first get into the car and it's colder than the set temperature it won't turn on the fan until the engine is warm enough to blow in warm air and raise the temperature. Then when it reaches the temperature it automatically turns down the fan.
The automatic fan speed feature is one that I have disliked on the three cars I have owned that had it. I set it to Auto, then immediately turn the fan speed down to 2. Other Auto functions, such as detecting where to direct the air for most effect, continue to work. With this setup, temperature +- is the only control I touch with any regularity

·
Registered
114 Posts
Getting to know maintenance / repair experience of HRV ownership. 3,550 miles, car new, having a frustrating time getting a knock/jerk my brakes make over bumps resolved. Shop has tried twice to repair, acknowledges defect, says needs Honda to generate how-to-fix bulletin. Shop says is in process of trying to determine next steps. Would like defect repaired, customer service instructs me to do whatever shop thinks; wondering if I should write to the company just so they know. Possibly a safety concern, car should be repaired or replaced. Not sure what to do! One of the interesting quirks of owning an HRV in my case! Love the car otherwise and hope and pray Honda can come through!

·
Registered
19 Posts
don't use brake hold on hills

I have an EX 6-speed and I only use the Brake Hold when I am stopped on a hill in traffic or a red light and don't want to roll back into the person behind me when I start moving. Oh and sometimes when parking, when the car starting rolling forward while in reverse.
That's exactly when you shouldn't be using it. Best used at red lights on not-too-steep streets. The Manual says: Using the automatic brake hold system on steep hills or slippery roads may
still allow the vehicle to move if you remove your foot from the brake pedal.
If a vehicle unexpectedly moves, it may cause a crash resulting in serious
injury or death. Never use the automatic brake hold system or rely on it to keep a vehicle frommoving when stopped on a steep hill or slippery roads.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Getting to know maintenance / repair experience of HRV ownership. 3,550 miles, car new, having a frustrating time getting a knock/jerk my brakes make over bumps resolved. Shop has tried twice to repair, acknowledges defect, says needs Honda to generate how-to-fix bulletin. Shop says is in process of trying to determine next steps. Would like defect repaired, customer service instructs me to do whatever shop thinks; wondering if I should write to the company just so they know. Possibly a safety concern, car should be repaired or replaced. Not sure what to do! One of the interesting quirks of owning an HRV in my case! Love the car otherwise and hope and pray Honda can come through!
Perhaps it's not a defect? Quite a few people (including myself) experience the same thing in our HR-V's. While it's true that I've rarely experienced this in other cars, I understand how ABS works and I am not at all concerned about it.

·
Registered
772 Posts
I have had abs for 10 years. This is not that. It's definitely something, but until Honda or someone figures out what, oh well.

Every time I'm in the shop (little recalls or oil change) I mention it. They have not been able to find the problem so far.

Any time I go over speed bumps, you hear clunk clunk....not abs which would be a lot more shivery in the brakes....I actually don't feel anything in the brakes when it happens

·
Registered
435 Posts
Any time I go over speed bumps, you hear clunk clunk....not abs which would be a lot more shivery in the brakes....I actually don't feel anything in the brakes when it happens
If you are hearing a clunk noise when going over bumps, I would check suspension components such as the shock towers, sway bars, control arms, etc. Make sure all the bolts are snug and nothing is loose. When you hear the clunk, does it seem to be near the front or the rear of the vehicle?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Some things I learned:

1. That you can double-press the start button to enable accessories (e.g. radio) without starting the car (as if turning a key-based car's key backwards)

2. That when the front wipers are on and you put the car in reverse, it will trigger a one-time swipe of the rear blade

3. That you can set a music library playing from a USB stick to randomize by using the steering wheel's left face, lower button while on the audio screen

4. That you can get the clock screen (I do analog on star field) to come up if you go to Info, highlight Clock/Wallpaper (don't click it), and just wait

5. BONUS: That the rear door handles still confuse people, where they think I have a two door and just stand there wondering how to get in

·
Registered
137 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Here are the easy steps to follow to change the dial color:

1. Turn on the car by pressing the Start button.
2. Put the gear in the "Drive" mode.
3. While in the Drive mode, Press the Start button. The car should shut off, but the console will be on
4. Press the stick on the console and select the color that you want to change to.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I have had abs for 10 years. This is not that. It's definitely something, but until Honda or someone figures out what, oh well.

Every time I'm in the shop (little recalls or oil change) I mention it. They have not been able to find the problem so far.

Hi I am a newbie, and have only owned my HRV for one month, but last night I attended a new owner clinic at my dealership and when we were discussing the spare tire the service tech said make sure you can adjust the nut holding the tire to get it out easily but "don't leave it too loose or it the spare tire will rattle and make noise" when driving.

Have you checked the spare tire to make sure it is secured???? Just a thought - maybe it is a simple problem like this and hopefully nothing too serious with brakes, shocks, suspension etc.

Cheers - good luck!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello, so here’s a few tips for the HR-V

1st is the HVAC controls… they have a “swipe” recognition to them so if you swipe up or down (like using a cell phone) they will go from the hottest or coldest setting to the very middle with one swipe and another swipe will bring it to the other end of the temperature setting.

This also works with the volume control as well….
You do not meet to tap to turn the HVAC temp settings or volume you can either swipe or press and drag to get to your desired setting

I’ll post more tips as well

·
Registered
Brilliant Sporty Blue Honda HR-V 1.5 iVTEC SE 6 Speed Manual
635 Posts
You mean like this;

NB, to adjust the fan speed on HVAC systems with dual climate controls you swipe across, not up and down.

22c is the halfway temperature for those not living in the 6 countries that still use Fahrenheit. ;)

141 - 154 of 154 Posts