Honda HR-V Forum banner

Getting To Know Your HRV

113K views 153 replies 63 participants last post by  Hadleys Taxi 
#1 ·
Now that a number of people on here have purchased their HRV, thought we need a thread to track on the things people didn't know, but learn about their HRV. Maybe something that wasn't in the user manual or something you think most others would want to know, but didn't find the information readily available from your dealership. ;)

#2 ·
The Brake Hold feature is nice, but it needs to be re-established for each time you start the car. The salesman was floored when I showed him how that actually worked. He thought it was part of the parking brake! Also, with the EX-L you can control pretty much everything with your voice. Guess I won't have to worry too much about putting finger prints on the big touch screen.

#5 ·
@bbhondaguy: the brake hold, when enabled, allows you to take your foot off the brake at a standstill while keeping the car stopped. A press of the accelerator disables the brake hold and allows you to continue driving like normal. Mostly I think it's useful for stop-and-go traffic or long lights where your foot gets fatigued holding the brake down.

#17 ·
I am assuming the liner goes all the way up on the sides, at least it looks like it does in the pic, and that would keep me from vacuuming the sides all the time. My dealer has not seen one yet. I also like that you can fold the end down over the bumper to protect it. That will help with getting dogs in and out, and whatever else I might need to transport.

#25 ·
ckhrv said:
the brake hold, when enabled, allows you to take your foot off the brake at a standstill while keeping the car stopped. A press of the accelerator disables the brake hold and allows you to continue driving like normal. Mostly I think it's useful for stop-and-go traffic or long lights where your foot gets fatigued holding the brake down.
So dumb question - does the brake light stay on so those behind you think you are pressing the brake, or does it go off?

#42 ·
If you're waiting for the cargo cover and don't have tint just get a $5 black bath towel at your favorite big box store. I did that in my Fit until I got the cargo cover for my birthday a month later. The black of the towel is so dark if you look in the windows you can't see that there's things under it. Since then that black towel just lives in the trunk for whatever. I presume that the HRV cargo cover is a similar to roller window shades. It's totally worth it if you live in the city and park on the street often.

#54 ·
I love the triple blink quick turn feature. If you activate the turn signal lever without locking it, you get a three signal blinks that stop after that, just in time for you to have finished your turn. Pretty phenomenal!

The touch screen is sensitive to swipes too not just taps. Swipe to increase/decrease the volume rapidly.

I just started using my YouTube app as my music player with my playlists there haha... Bluetooth audio ftw!

I will come up with something more useful in the next few days maybe

#55 ·
I'm coming from an older vehicle, so my features probably aren't new for a lot of you...

Love that it will play Pandora, all the music on my phone, and read my text messages to me all by Bluetooth.

I love the smart entry system and push button start.

Haven't had a chance to try it out, but I'm glad headlights come on if you turn the wipers on - safety feature to me.

#57 ·
Just purchased my HRV EXL this afternoon. My dealer only had the weather floor mats in stock which I got as hate dirty carpets. I do have on order the cargo mat. Not too sure what else to get. Still learning the features of the car. My girlfriend does not know I purchased one, will surprise her later on tonight when I see her. Did take her to see the HRV last weekend and she liked the look of them.

#63 ·
I have the EX, and I figured out how to send a verbal text message by holding down the talk button and letting Siri do the writing for me. I don't know how to listen to a text message when it arrives. How do I do that?
I activate Siri from the steering wheel and ask her to read me the new text. The text will be verbally read to you through the sound system.

I still have yet to be able to get my texts to appear on the screen. I've adjusted all the settings appropriately...still trying to make it work though...any tips?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.