Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a quick question. I am thinking of trading in a 2010 crv exl/nav for a HRV ex awd. The crv is paid for and blue booking for about 16k. So i have a nice down payment. I will be needing brakes, tires and rear dif and a few more things. Reading side by side specs the HRV is almost the same size inside. Besides the cargo and i think it was pretty close. Going to test drive this weekend. Have anybody test drove from a crv and or have any input i would love to hear it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I own 2010 CR-V EX. Since HR-V EX-L comes with Navi, EX was my next choice.
I did test-drive both '15 CR-V and '16 HR-V last week-end. Both feel like a downgrade to me.

1st, that CR-V dashboard storage on the passenger side is gone. I used it a lot to store documents, sunglasses, gps, etc. HR-V has those idiotic horizontal vents. That sucks.
2nd, '10 CR-V has a nice folding storage cover which can be used to store some light stuff. '15 CR-V has retractible cloth cover, HR-V has none (optional cloth).
3rd, '10 CR-V had Aux connector, both '15 CR-V EX and '16 HR-V EX have only USB ports (for USB stick or Ipod) and HDMI inputs. My Nokia Lumia is not recognized as storage device on either car when connected using USB cable. Could not connect my phone using bluetooth on either one as well.
AUX is only available on LX trims. That's stupid.

HR-V drives okay for my taste, paddle shifters are pretty much useless 99% of time. I may need to take a look at it, storage is a concern, infotainment console looks stupid, no idea how would the dash and console would look at night. Hope it it does not have eye burning blue leds all over.

EDIT:
Most disappointing is the lack of modern safety features on both '15 CR-V and '16 HR-V non-high end models.
I can add Eyesight on Subaru XV Crosstrek or Outback for about $1200, but to get something similar on CR-V I have to go with Touring trim ($5000 extra) and none is available for HR-V.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your input. I did test drive the XV in 2013 and liked it but the oil burning in the FB engine pushed me away from it. Also the real world MPGs where bad. I been a honda fan since my first new car since 98. If i bought a different brand i fell like i would be cheating.

Gonna test drive it this weekend. And hopefully love it. But ypur a 100 percent right about the extra glovebox and shelf in the rear. I really love them...

·
Registered
45 Posts
I used to own a 2012 crv ex-l, 2015 honda fit ex and now drive a 2016 hr-v ex. The dash lights in the hr-v can be controlled for brightness, the flat screen also has color choices, like 5 of them. so the lights in the cockpit can be changed to your liking. The ride in my 2012 crv had an automatic tranny which shifted but was smooth, the hr-v has the cvt which also drives nice and smooth. There are all kinds of safety features on both models! I know they are having issues with the 2015 CRV vibrating when driving. I have only noticed a small amount of vibration when in reverse with the wheels at an angle in my 2016 hr-v but nothing any other time, so far that is a non-issue. Even with the restriction on cockpit storage in the new Hr-v i do like it. How much crap do you need to drive, I mean really. there is ample storage for cell phone and sun glasses below the console, drink carrier and your set! You don't need the kitchen sink in the cockpit, if you want the kitchen sink, put that in the hatch back area! lol! What i really like about the ex hrv is it has heated seats and heated side mirrors, so you don't have to get leather for these options. Really the ex is so loaded no need to go to leather if you don't need it. Go for it! :nerd:

currently own
2016 honda hrv ex awd cvt in milano red / black int.
2007 honda ridgeline rtl awd in black on black

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Have you gone for the drive yet?

I have a quick question. I am thinking of trading in a 2010 crv exl/nav for a HRV ex awd. The crv is paid for and blue booking for about 16k. So i have a nice down payment. I will be needing brakes, tires and rear dif and a few more things. Reading side by side specs the HRV is almost the same size inside. Besides the cargo and i think it was pretty close. Going to test drive this weekend. Have anybody test drove from a crv and or have any input i would love to hear it.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes I posted about it in your sticky thread.

I really loved it a lot. I could really see us going for a crv to this. There's a few things that I didnt like.

1. Rear door handles for my 5 year old is a bit to high.

2. Wish me white came with black leather/ cloth.

3. Why didn't honda but a New ED engine.

But besides that it drove like a dream and really want to get one just gonna wait till it calms down a bit. Dealer told me he's only 20 in for the year lol and wanted 1500 over sticker..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts