Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
I was just wondering tonight when I'd finally cross paths with another HR-V. Then I wondered if we would waive at each other like when my mom bought a Saturn when they first came out and were the only car with daytime running lights and you always waived hello to the other plastic car... Um Saturn owner.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Friend of mine saw one in a Walmart parking lot.....I have yet to see one anywhere but at the dealer.

·
Registered
751 Posts
We get a lot of American tourists, many coming up from Port Angeles on the Blackball ferry. That's my only chance of seeing one on the road, but I keep looking...

Wouldn't one of you PNW folks like a nice spring trip to Victoria in your new car this weekend?? Please???
:|

·
Registered
185 Posts
We get a lot of American tourists, many coming up from Port Angeles on the Blackball ferry. That's my only chance of seeing one on the road, but I keep looking...

Wouldn't one of you PNW folks like a nice spring trip to Victoria in your new car this weekend?? Please???
Only if your funding it :)

Reactions: idearat

·
Registered
231 Posts

I love British Columbia and am headed that way in a month. Victoria is one of my favorite cities in the world. Sadly I don't have an HR-V to bring and I'm flying anyway.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Only if your funding it :)
I love British Columbia and am headed that way in a month. Victoria is one of my favorite cities in the world. Sadly I don't have an HR-V to bring and I'm flying anyway.

Do not fall for the guilt trip of the Canadians, they are already getting a better car. They can wait. :D

·
Registered
255 Posts

I took a ferry from Seattle to Victoria once, back in the 90's. It was a hydrofoil painted up in Union Jack livery, supposedly the fastest non-military marine traffic on Puget Sound. Good memories.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I saw one on the road last Monday, two days after picking ours up. I was out of town in another nearby town with no Honda dealer even, and it was the same color! Uniqueness lasted exactly 48 hours lol.

My other car I've owned for two years though and have only seen the same model three times ever. Feel more unique in that one, just don't try to run from the cops and then deny it was you.... :)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I saw one on the road last Monday, two days after picking ours up. I was out of town in another nearby town with no Honda dealer even, and it was the same color! Uniqueness lasted exactly 48 hours lol.

My other car I've owned for two years though and have only seen the same model three times ever. Feel more unique in that one, just don't try to run from the cops and then deny it was you.... :)
I have a yellow S2000 and so far I've counted one of three in the area. The funny part is when my wife see's one of the others around town, she gets mad for a minute thinking "Where is he going? He said he was at work!"

·
Registered
205 Posts

Sure is tempting but I really hate the COHO, that boat was a rust bucket already on my 6th grade class trip....19 years ago! BC Ferries are so much nicer with their delicious buffets. Unfortunately I think my BFF up in Surrey would be kinda ticked off if I didn't road trip to see her and her baby first. :)

·
Registered
445 Posts

My other car I've owned for two years though and have only seen the same model three times ever. Feel more unique in that one, just don't try to run from the cops and then deny it was you....
I feel your pain. I didn't even make it that long, I passed another customer owned HR-V entering the dealership as I was leaving said dealership after taking delivery. But, I haven't seen another one since then...

·
Registered
751 Posts
Sure is tempting but I really hate the COHO, that boat was a rust bucket already on my 6th grade class trip....19 years ago! BC Ferries are so much nicer with their delicious buffets. Unfortunately I think my BFF up in Surrey would be kinda ticked off if I didn't road trip to see her and her baby first. :)
Hey Tricky, I hear you... can't risk ticking off the bff!

I used to live in a condo with a panoramic view of Juan de Fuca, so I could watch the Coho for just about the whole crossing. I saw it take white water over the bow in a couple of winter storms... and they've never had a weather cancellation! One tough old rustbucket. Lots of very green passengers.

I'm actually going to the mainland next weekend, Coquitlam and Langley. Not likely to make it across the border this trip, but just in case... do you happen to have any experience with Honda dealers near the border? I need a friendly dealer to let me take a good look and sit, since they know they're not getting a sale out of it. (Guess I could park my BC plates a couple blocks away and adopt an American accent, try to avoid saying "eh"...)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts