Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in a few days I'm saying goodbye to my 2006 Civic EX Coupe for a new Black HR-V EX Manual. I've been longing for a hatchback since my '89 Civic, but wanted something a larger than the Fit.

The inclusion of the HR-V EX option with a manual transmission is what really sold me. I've always driven a manual Honda and have been very dismayed that you either have to select the lowest trim or an Si with lower fuel efficiency to get one. Finding one in the northeast has been a challenge. I've had to work with a dealer to get a 6-speed brought from North Carolina to Maryland, so I can drive down from Pennsylvania to purchase it. I'm gladly giving up the AWD CVT for a manual. I live near Pittsburgh, which gets pretty good snowfall (though not lake-effect), and I've always found that FWD + good snow tires does just fine.

When I test drove the CVT HR-V, I was also really impressed by how it handled. My wife has a 2014 Nissan Rogue SUV and since the HR-V isn't much smaller than the CR-V, I was expecting a similar feel... feeling the weight of the vehicle resist around curves, bodyroll, etc. But the HR-V felt a lot more like my Civic.

Can't wait to pick it up!

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Welcome and Congrats on the new HRV!!!!

I'm in a few days I'm saying goodbye to my 2006 Civic EX Coupe for a new Black HR-V EX Manual. I've been longing for a hatchback since my '89 Civic, but wanted something a larger than the Fit.

The inclusion of the HR-V EX option with a manual transmission is what really sold me. I've always driven a manual Honda and have been very dismayed that you either have to select the lowest trim or an Si with lower fuel efficiency to get one. Finding one in the northeast has been a challenge. I've had to work with a dealer to get a 6-speed brought from North Carolina to Maryland, so I can drive down from Pennsylvania to purchase it. I'm gladly giving up the AWD CVT for a manual. I live near Pittsburgh, which gets pretty good snowfall (though not lake-effect), and I've always found that FWD + good snow tires does just fine.

When I test drove the CVT HR-V, I was also really impressed by how it handled. My wife has a 2014 Nissan Rogue SUV and since the HR-V isn't much smaller than the CR-V, I was expecting a similar feel... feeling the weight of the vehicle resist around curves, bodyroll, etc. But the HR-V felt a lot more like my Civic.

Can't wait to pick it up!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts