Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today was my dealer's training sessions. I did not get any pictures. There were all kinds of people around it and discussions going on. About 10 minutes after I got there, it was off for its final test drive. Pricing and trim levels: There will be an LX, EX and EX-L with Nav. No EX-L without Nav. Pricing should start around 20k and end around 26k. I heard that the CVT was pretty responsive. The driver who brought the car was not from Honda and he said he really enjoyed it. They had a white EX-L and I was told it was pretty quiet, esp. compared to the fit. The doors had some heft to them, much like the CRV. Outside body seams were consistent. The inside was a little plastic but much better than the fit. I saw one negative. I'm around 6-2 and my hair was brushing the top of the car. The moon roof was pretty spacious but if I was any taller, I'd find myself leaning to that side because I would hit my head on the roof otherwise. My overall impression was of a smaller CRV and really there was quite a bit of space in the back. I'll try my best to answer questions.

PS Wife gave a thumbs up to it.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Did your dealership have advanced notice of this hrv training? Because I haven't heard anything whatsoever about having any training like that come by my dealership.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I heard maybe a week ago. Not sure how long ago they knew. It was originally scheduled to be late March.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Did your dealership have advanced notice of this hrv training? Because I haven't heard anything whatsoever about having any training like that come by my dealership.
Unless there's some schedule they have for having a select number of dealers at a time, then onto the next batch and so on

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hi there!

What did you like most about the Honda HR-V? and how was leg room in the back seats? I'm around 6'1'' and I hope this car isn't to small for me.

·
Registered
27 Posts
The height problem is disappointing. I'll wait ,of course, to make sure but it looks like a Trax for me. I guess that's what happens when you build a Japanese car in Mexico. The centers on their basketball teams are 5'10" ;)

·
Registered
632 Posts
There will not be an EXL with available Manual Transmission. I have included a picture that shows all the trims available for the HRV.
Ok, that's big news thank you for sharing. There's been speculation on if the EX-L 2wd would offer a manual or not and there's been NOTHING anywhere else (that I could find at least) saying one way or another. I'm not surprised because that's how the Fit trim levels go, but I am a bit disappointed. It does make my decision between LX and EX simpler though because I want the manual, now if I can find out whether the LX will have the same amount of sound insulation or not......

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi there!

What did you like most about the Honda HR-V? and how was leg room in the back seats? I'm around 6'1'' and I hope this car isn't to small for me.
I actually really liked the feel of the drivers seat. Leg room in the back was ok for me.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Ok, that's big news thank you for sharing. There's been speculation on if the EX-L 2wd would offer a manual or not and there's been NOTHING anywhere else (that I could find at least) saying one way or another. I'm not surprised because that's how the Fit trim levels go, but I am a bit disappointed. It does make my decision between LX and EX simpler though because I want the manual, now if I can find out whether the LX will have the same amount of sound insulation or not......
Looks like there IS an EX with manual, Derm, just not an EX-L.

I'm _really_ hoping the EX-L Manual comes to Canada, again following the Fit trim levels. I'd be just as happy to lose Navi and save a grand, but whatever.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Looks like there IS an EX with manual, Derm, just not an EX-L.

I'm _really_ hoping the EX-L Manual comes to Canada, again following the Fit trim levels. I'd be just as happy to lose Navi and save a grand, but whatever.
At the Miami event they had a EX with the manual and I assumed the LX would for sure. The only question-mark in my mind was if the EX-L would get it or not, and it looks like (at least here in the USA) the EX-L will not have the manual as an option.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks for this review. As I stated previously, most dealers are not going to see an ample supply of all trims for another 6-8 wks minimum. So there will be some waiting still to get the choices we want.

Your mention of the front seat height worries me also. I'm around 6'1" and have no issues whatsoever in my '13 Civic. It is appearing from what I am reading here in the forum that the EX model with its moonroof may present challenges for us taller folks.
This may be a make or break point for some. Was hoping the seat would adjust far enough up and down to where this would not be a factor. I am hoping I am wrong. We shall see.
Also, front leg room comments seem to be good.

·
Registered
118 Posts
As soon as the HRVs get to my dealership, assuming they don't get sold emmediately, I will gladly make several videos and post them. I'll try and give an idea of spacing. And I'm right at 6'0". Though im sure by the time I can make and upload those videos, everyone will be able to just go down to their local Honda dealer and see them for themselves haha.

·
Registered
738 Posts
EXL manual EXL manual.....Honda Canada....WE want....like our Fit

Please!
should be a good chance of that.
this basically appeals to the same crowd and going that route with the HRV takes away all the guess work they've already done with the fit.

·
Registered
751 Posts
should be a good chance of that.
this basically appeals to the same crowd and going that route with the HRV takes away all the guess work they've already done with the fit.
Yes, as long as the Fit manual numbers have justified the option. If the takeup of the manual Fit wasn't sufficient they could drop it for the HRV... let's hope not!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts