Honda HR-V Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning, I have an HR-V, from 2016 and I can't get the gps to work, I don't think it's installed, does anyone know if it's possible to install? As well as installing a rear camera, and if possible opening the rear door (suitcase) automatically.

Bom dia, tenho um HR-V , de 2016 e nao consigo por o gps a funcionar, acho que nao esta instalado, alguem sabe se é possivel instalar ? Asssim como instalar uma camara traseira , e se possivel a abertura da porta traseira ( mala) automatica.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Good morning, I have an HR-V, from 2016 and I can't get the gps to work, I don't think it's installed, does anyone know if it's possible to install? As well as installing a rear camera, and if possible opening the rear door (suitcase) automatically.

Bom dia, tenho um HR-V , de 2016 e nao consigo por o gps a funcionar, acho que nao esta instalado, alguem sabe se é possivel instalar ? Asssim como instalar uma camara traseira , e se possivel a abertura da porta traseira ( mala) automatica.
I have a 2016 EX & I’ve never had a working gps, although the rear & passenger side cameras work fine. I’m following so maybe I’ll learn something.

·
Registered
Brilliant Sporty Blue Honda HR-V 1.5 iVTEC SE 6 Speed Manual
315 Posts
In some markets the HR-V comes with GPS, but not satnav, my UK spec SE being one of them. There are a number of pre-installed apps that when combined with wi-fi can give you the location of fuel stations and carparks near your current location, handy if you are in unfamiliar territory. How you are supposed to get there, is another matter! When I first bought my vehicle second hand last year I looked into getting the Garmin OEM satnav installed onto my HR-V head unit, but it would appear it cannot be fitted retrospectively, either by Honda, nor Garmin.

I have recently upgraded to a Tomtom GO Premium * which has built in data and a SIM card which provides me with up to date mapping, speed camera locations and traffic conditions without having to link my mobile to it, nor remove it from my vehicle and connect it to my laptop as I did with my previous Tomtom. WIth this upgraded Tomtom the power cable attaches to the mount rather than the satnav, I just keep the cable connected to the mount and the USB port, and when I place the satnav into the magnetic mount it boots up automatically.

Cannot comment on fitting a Honda rear view camera to the head unit, but there are plenty of After Market Parking Camera * kits available that may be easier to install than the OEM.

* I do not work for this retailer, however, for some reason I could not open the appropriate Tomtom Go Premium page!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts