Honda HR-V Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I am a big enthusiast of the HRV. My first car was a MT 93' honda civic hatchback. I drove that car into the ground and enjoyed every minute of it. When I was done with that car I decided to lease a new 2012 honda civic two door MT EX. I leased because I didn't want to own the new civic yet since I was not sure it was the size honda I wanted to stick to.

Now that my three year lease is nearly over, I'm darn glad I did a three year lease. The HRV is the perfectly sized vehicle for me and has the fuel economy to match. My lease is over in July which gives the HRV a few months in the American market before I have the need for a new vehicle.

I am quite excited!

·
Registered
620 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Its good that you have a bit of a buffer between the HRVs release and when your current lease ends. That way you can see if there are any problems, but given that the car has been on sale in other markets under different names I think that problems shouldn't be a huge concern. You never know though.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome to the forum!

Its good that you have a bit of a buffer between the HRVs release and when your current lease ends. That way you can see if there are any problems, but given that the car has been on sale in other markets under different names I think that problems shouldn't be a huge concern. You never know though.
Its looking like that time gap is growing smaller and smaller... My dealership isn't expecting HRV's until the beginning of June.

·
Registered
290 Posts
It looks like the Northeast loses out on Honda delivery dates. If you think about it - the factory is about as far from New England as you can get in CONUS.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It looks like the Northeast loses out on Honda delivery dates. If you think about it - the factory is about as far from New England as you can get in CONUS.
Exactly. The dealership I use is in New Jersey. I may look towards other dealerships closer to home as long as I can continue to get some of the good deals I've gotten from this dealership. As I stated, the dealership I have spoken to says they are not getting HRVs until early June.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Exactly. The dealership I use is in New Jersey. I may look towards other dealerships closer to home as long as I can continue to get some of the good deals I've gotten from this dealership. As I stated, the dealership I have spoken to says they are not getting HRVs until early June.
What kind of deal are you expecting from your usual dealership? What have they given you in the past?

June (weirdly since it feels like winter was yesterday) is actually not that far away at this point.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What kind of deal are you expecting from your usual dealership? What have they given you in the past?

June (weirdly since it feels like winter was yesterday) is actually not that far away at this point.
My current Honda Civic lease, after quoting a higher price, they worked to match a much better deal that I had found in Vermont. I am not expecting a "deal" so to speak with the HRV since it is in extremely high demand and negotiations are pretty much out of the question right now...

·
Registered
529 Posts
My current Honda Civic lease, after quoting a higher price, they worked to match a much better deal that I had found in Vermont. I am not expecting a "deal" so to speak with the HRV since it is in extremely high demand and negotiations are pretty much out of the question right now...
true to a degree, if you can get several dealers in a 50 mile radius playing off each other you may be able to gain a discount of some sort. YMMV...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Right now I am seeing some really awesome CRV lease deals going on. I will have to check the deals again closer to when my lease is up. I am not quite sure if I will be getting the HRV yet because the lease options will be much less favorable.

·
Registered
620 Posts
So it seems the strategy is to play some of the dealers off of each other. It might be hard when the HRV is very first on sale but if you were to wait for the second allotment then you might have more luck. I'm not sure if people really have the patience for that though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts