Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Brilliant Sporty Blue Honda HR-V 1.5 iVTEC SE 6 Speed Manual
751 Posts
There is a lot to be said for living in a country or State that insists on front Vehicle Registration Plates 😈

Car Vehicle registration plate Land vehicle Vehicle Plant

You mention replacing the grill, what about the bumper as it appears to be cracked?

I don't know what the setup is with Honda but on a FIAT I owned in the late 90's the radiator was attached to either the bumper or the valance. Unfortunately, I ran over something on the road which caused the bumper or valance to bend back, which forced the radiator to bend backwards ripping the plastic seals off the radiator dumping its contents over the road. It may be worth giving the radiator a thorough checking over.

·
Registered
Brilliant Sporty Blue Honda HR-V 1.5 iVTEC SE 6 Speed Manual
751 Posts
I can honestly live with a scratch on a 5 year old car.
My vehicle got hit by some road debris that broke the 'H' logo in the grill. I know the part rattles when I clean the car with my pressure hose, but cannot hear it whilst driving. Dealership want nearly £450 to replace the plastic between the headlights, the logo is £18.

Car Automotive parking light Grille Vehicle Automotive tire

As much as I like my vehicles to be as pristine as possible, I thought I would be bothered driving around with that broken piece, turns out I'm not £450 worth of bother about it.

You may get similar quality parts at a lower price from a junkyard(?), we call them scrapyards, or scrappies. It appears to have gone all high tech from when I used to rummage around them seeking parts in the late 80's, a lot of them now place the vehicles they have available on their website and what components they have from each.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts