Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tapped someone’s trailer hitch today (pictures below).
1. Doesn’t seem to be any damage other than the plastic. Still planning to get the front end looked at. Worth taking to the dealer, or do you think a local shop would be the right move?

2. Looking for suggestions on a replacement grille. “Replacement” part via a third party is running just under $100, “OEM” looks like 150. And honestly they look to be the exact same. Or is there a cool aftermarket grille people are digging? Also how hard of a swap is this? Can I do it in my driveway or should I get it done by a shop?
Automotive parking light Car Automotive lighting Hood Grille

Automotive parking light Tire Automotive tail & brake light Grille Hood
Automotive parking light Tire Automotive tail & brake light Grille Hood

Automotive parking light Car Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Grille

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Came back at $1700 to fix at dealer, including the paint to fix the scratch on the bumper (not cracked). I can honestly live with a scratch on a 5 year old car. It turns out the RH side Headlamp mounting brackets broke and I need to replace that mainly. Likely seeing if I can purchase parts myself and see if someone else can put it on. Parts all together, OEM not through the dealer are around $450.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
sister cracked my grill, i told her to buy me new one. google searched:
View attachment 32859
View attachment 32860

work was mainly popping around 20 pins
View attachment 32861
useful to have body tools, but i've done it with just flathead driver. also need philips driver and socket set
View attachment 32862
about an hour to take off, just left the bumper hanging off View attachment 32864
View attachment 32863

swap in and glue the logo and chrome
View attachment 32865
note plate was previously screwed into bumper because needed to drive while grill was being shipped.
bumper holds plate much better than the brittle hollow grill anyway. total time about 2-3 hr.
This is my plan. And your photos help a lot. I’ve got a buddy who’s a former mechanic, figure he’s done something like this a few times. Figured I can pay him for his time, but the parts myself and have it done quicker for half the price

1 - 3 of 3 Posts