Honda HR-V Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dad has been praising these products for a while, finally had a free weekend and had him help me wash, buff out scratches, and ceramic wax my 2016 HRV that I've had for 5+ years now. Super impressed, I only wax twice a year and do lots of country road wisconsin winter driving. Looked almost brand new

Not hawking any product, just impressed with the results and water beading the next day. Of course, it's now green with pollen.... But for a day it looked great!

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
480 Posts
They make great stuff - but VERY expensive.
They cater to the high end collector car crowd- they also seem to be " car guys ' Vs a larger corporation that makes care car products.

·
Registered
Brilliant Sporty Blue Honda HR-V 1.5 iVTEC SE 6 Speed Manual
315 Posts
My dad has been praising these products for a while, finally had a free weekend and had him help me wash, buff out scratches, and ceramic wax my 2016 HRV that I've had for 5+ years now. Super impressed, I only wax twice a year and do lots of country road wisconsin winter driving. Looked almost brand new

Not hawking any product, just impressed with the results and water beading the next day. Of course, it's now green with pollen.... But for a day it looked great!

I have a number of trees around my garden and they coat my car before I've even put my cleaning gear away. You should be able to remove the 'stoor' with a good going over with a decent snow foam - I prefer to allow it dwell rather than agitate with a microfibre mit, but each to their own. I finish off with a snow foam on, rinse off wax additive hydrophobic barrier .

Not sure if I'm actually preventing the tree sap and pollen from sticking to my vehicle, but it does make my HR-V look shiny shiny as I'm putting my gear away!

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah John my dad has a Jaguar that's his baby, he didn't get into it until he started buying fancy collector cars

I probably get a similar shine with the Meguires I usually use, the full kit of nice microfiber cloth and towels was part of it though. I'm sure I can get some knock off towels now that I know how much of a difference they make

Interesting products you linked to there Taxi... Haven't seen something like that! The pollen I got was basically fine dust luckily so it washes off easily. Just seems like the ceramic wax products create a static cling for that kind of dust

I used to live under some big cottonwood trees that dropped sticky sap pods... They would permanently stain your paint if not removed. Nasty things

·
Registered
480 Posts
Yeah John my dad has a Jaguar that's his baby, he didn't get into it until he started buying fancy collector cars

I probably get a similar shine with the Meguires I usually use, the full kit of nice microfiber cloth and towels was part of it though. I'm sure I can get some knock off towels now that I know how much of a difference they make

Interesting products you linked to there Taxi... Haven't seen something like that! The pollen I got was basically fine dust luckily so it washes off easily. Just seems like the ceramic wax products create a static cling for that kind of dust

I used to live under some big cottonwood trees that dropped sticky sap pods... They would permanently stain your paint if not removed. Nasty things

They have thier own school you can attend for car care ! -

I still get the catalogues regularly and i enjoy seeing what new stuff they come up with. They go into detail on how the redesigned their signature buffers etc.Neat stuff.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They have thier own school you can attend for car care ! -

I still get the catalogues regularly and i enjoy seeing what new stuff they come up with. They go into detail on how the redesigned their signature buffers etc.Neat stuff.
A school for using their product? Wow! There is certainly some thought put into the products they make

1 - 7 of 7 Posts