Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else have this problem? Took it to Honda dealer and they say they could hear it. Possible O2 sensor? Exhaust resonator? The sound come from under the car with A/C on or off. Thanks.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Some details on your car would be helpful so others with a similar model could respond. Year, model, mileage- CVT or Manual AWD or FWD?

·
Registered
160 Posts
I have discovered this EXACT problem. Right at 20mph. It sounds like the car is literally groaning.

It typically happens on a cold start, slow to medium acceleration, and exactly at 20mph. I don't hit many stops in the morning on the way to work, so I only hear it once and the engines warmed up by the time I hit the next red light.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
If you are able to reproduce it, but the dealer can't, I'd recommend starting with either an audio or video recording of the situation. Take your mobile phone and start the recording. Then, start driving to reproduce the issue. Note, start phone first, then start driving. :) This recording can then be emailed, or played for, your service advisor and mechanic.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mine Acura RDX does the exact same thing at 20 mph and then it’s gone. Ever figure out what was causing the noise?

I have discovered this EXACT problem. Right at 20mph. It sounds like the car is literally groaning.

It typically happens on a cold start, slow to medium acceleration, and exactly at 20mph. I don't hit many stops in the morning on the way to work, so I only hear it once and the engines warmed up by the time I hit the next red light.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Mine Acura RDX does the exact same thing at 20 mph and then it’s gone. Ever figure out what was causing the noise?
I did not. 74k miles later and it still does it lol. Every now and then I hear it when I'm paying attention but then I forget to look into it.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts