Honda HR-V Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Concerning Angle vue of rear camera , I solved the problem by switching C5 and C18 (camera bit 0 & 1 )

Bit 0 = 0 and Bit 1 =0 --> wide view

Bit 0 = 1 and Bit 1 =0 --> Normal view

Bit 0 = 0 and Bit 1 =1 --> Top Down view

I just inverted to have Normal view and in case of I find the setup menu I will have choice to swap again or just to have menu inverted without rewire needs

Concerning clip, I think that I will purchase this lot with 10 units of each model !
Hello there, I hope that you are safe. I have a Pioneer DMH-ZS8250BT installed for me on my Honda HRV 2017 E, back-up or reverse camera was restored, however, this is stuck in Wide/Fisheye mode. May I ask if you can share me your diagram or how the wires would connect? Did you also used the ADPT Pin from the camera and where it is plug to? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
HR-V Black Edition 2018
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Hello there, I hope that you are safe. I have a Pioneer DMH-ZS8250BT installed for me on my Honda HRV 2017 E, back-up or reverse camera was restored, however, this is stuck in Wide/Fisheye mode. May I ask if you can share me your diagram or how the wires would connect? Did you also used the ADPT Pin from the camera and where it is plug to? Thanks in advance.
I sent you a PM with details.
I'm not sure that I can post it it here !

·
Registered
5 Posts
I recently installed a Pioneer DMH-WC5700NEX in my wife's 2018 HR-V. I used the Maestro RR module. Her rear camera is of course stuck in Fisheye mode. As far as I can tell, there is no provision in the Pioneer to switch the view modes. My goal is to get the view into normal mode.

This thread has been very helpful, but before I tear into the dash again (which is actually super easy), I was hoping to get some clarity on the mode select bits (C5-BIT 0 and C18-BIT 1). The following truth-table was already presented:

MODE BIT0 BIT1
wide 0 0
normal 1 0
top down 0 1

I read somewhere in another thread to take the appropriate bit to ground, but in this thread it sounds like I should wire voltage to the bit to select it. In my experience, a "1" would imply voltage, and a "0" would apply no voltage, or grounded. I hope someone that has done this will chime in.
I also read in another thread somewhere that you can select the particular bit temporarily to change the mode, and the mode will be retained until you select it again. I assume this would be done with a temporary jumper wire, which would then be removed. The other option is to hard-wire the selection permanently by either grounding or applying power to the appropriate bit(s).
I thought about installing a switch somewhere, but I don't want the jury-rigged look that would come with that.

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I found this video from Maestro today:

The video is titled: "iDatalink Maestro RR - Controlling a Honda multi-angle camera from an aftermarket radio"

The video says to press the "SOURCE" button on the steering wheel to change the view modes. I had my wife try that today, and it didn't work. I just called AUTOMOTIVE DATA SOLUTIONS INC tech support. They told me that if the SOURCE button doesn't work to try the seek-up or seek-down buttons (I think these are the arrow buttons).

I'll try this tonight.🤞

·
Registered
5 Posts
Tried every button possible, still no joy. I'll call tech support again and see what they come up with. I hope to have an easy solution. If not, I'll just hardwire the mode select bits and be done with it.

·
Registered
HR-V Black Edition 2018
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Tried every button possible, still no joy. I'll call tech support again and see what they come up with. I hope to have an easy solution. If not, I'll just hardwire the mode select bits and be done with it.
Sorry I was sick ! If your new head unit doesnt manage view selection you will need to do it by hardwire !
Note that in my case I hardwired it then after few months, I discovered that I was able to change it (on screen button) after that I changed the CANBOX mode from HONDA (simple) to HONDA (RAISE)
Have a nice WE

·
Registered
5 Posts
Maestro tech support (Automotive Data Solutions, Inc) were very responsive. They said that it SHOULD switch the view modes/angles of the rear view camera via the steering wheel buttons. They thought maybe a recent firmware upgrade might have somehow lost that functionality, and suggested I flash down the firmware to a prior version while they send my case to engineering for review. Unfortunately I was unable to flash the module at all. I had to flash it when I got it, and I flashed it to the recommended 2.40. No matter what I tried, it kept getting an error while trying to flash it to 2.0 or any other version I tried. The module kept the 2.40 firmware and is working (still unable to switch camera view), and I'm waiting to hear back from tech support to see if they could reproduce my problem and hopefully find a solution.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts