Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys ,
I'm about to upgrade my Honda hrv 2018 (Australian version) head unit into Android head unit, so I'm looking for a good head unit that allow plug and play installation.
Attached are photos of my original head unit and I need your suggestions on which head unit will gonna fit especially those in Australia and have done the upgrade before
Thank you in advance

Attachments

·
Registered
2019 and 2020 HR-V EXs
302 Posts
In the USA, www.crutchfield.com is highly regarded for advice on replacement HU's. They supply all the adapter harnesses buyers might need.

The issue, of course, is whether your AZ version has the same wiring.

Good luck, that is all I can come up with.

Crutchfield might know of differences (or if their kits have been successfully installed in OZ HR-Vs previously).

Reactions: Muzahim

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In the USA, www.crutchfield.com is highly regarded for advice on replacement HU's. They supply all the adapter harnesses buyers might need.

The issue, of course, is whether your AZ version has the same wiring.

Good luck, that is all I can come up with.

Crutchfield might know of differences (or if their kits have been successfully installed in OZ HR-Vs previously).
Thanks I will reach them

·
Premium Member
2020 HR-V LX AWD
457 Posts
If you’re going to buy an Android head unit, I suggest Dasaita because that’s the only one that I know of that everything works (camera, steering wheel controls, lights, etc.). You can get it from AliExpress. Since your car is a 2018 you might try the Maxca, it’s half the price of the Dasaita but has mixed reviews. Search the thread titles for Dasaita and Maxca, you’ll find the information.

I don’t suggest Crutchfield unless you want to pay three times more for a head unit that will take you a week to do the wire harness from scratch. The Android head unit is plug and play prewired.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you’re going to buy an Android head unit, I suggest Dasaita because that’s the only one that I know of that everything works (camera, steering wheel controls, lights, etc.). You can get it from AliExpress. Since your car is a 2018 you might try the Maxca, it’s half the price of the Dasaita but has mixed reviews. Search the thread titles for Dasaita and Maxca, you’ll find the information.

I don’t suggest Crutchfield unless you want to pay three times more for a head unit that will take you a week to do the wire harness from scratch. The Android head unit is plug and play prewired.
Thanks mate for reply. Yes dasaita is in my mind, the only problem is that im not sure if it's gonna be a plug and play thats because honda hrv has more than one type of head unit across the globe so the wire harness might be different

·
Premium Member
2020 HR-V LX AWD
457 Posts
Yes, I’ve seen what you’re talking about (harness). I would suggest to send them a picture of your head unit, front and back, along with your harness and connectors. What I will say is that in my experience they continue to support the product long after the sale. It’s also my experience that out of all of them that they are the most knowledgeable. They’re also the most expensive (Android head unit) as well.

My experience with Maxca was after a few tries to make it work they were like “oh well good luck with it” but Dasaita kept at it for months, sent me another harness and helped with settings until everything was right with it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, I’ve seen what you’re talking about (harness). I would suggest to send them a picture of your head unit, front and back, along with your harness and connectors. What I will say is that in my experience they continue to support the product long after the sale. It’s also my experience that out of all of them that they are the most knowledgeable. They’re also the most expensive (Android head unit) as well.

My experience with Maxca was after a few tries to make it work they were like “oh well good luck with it” but Dasaita kept at it for months, sent me another harness and helped with settings until everything was right with it.
Yes i will do contact them ...and thanks again for your help

1 - 7 of 7 Posts