Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased the HRV EX this weekend. Went to pick it up yesterday- all was great! Drove last night and realized the headlights are not coming on- on the auto setting or using the on mode. High beams work as do the fog lights..

Anyone else experiencing this issue?

·
Registered
290 Posts
How are you liking the HRV otherwise? I'm really thirsty for input from people who've been driving it a few days. Can't wait to hear the experience reports over the next few weeks. They might sway me to buy or not buy the HRV.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How are you liking the HRV otherwise? I'm really thirsty for input from people who've been driving it a few days. Can't wait to hear the experience reports over the next few weeks. They might sway me to buy or not buy the HRV

Otherwise I'm loving it. I opted for the mid model because of the sun roof, heated seats, and digital dash. Had no problem connecting my iPhone to the Bluetooth either. Averaging 34.7 mpg at this point between highway last night and through town today.

Previously I drove a Jeep Liberty and had no issue transitioning. I opted for the $299 package to cover the interior and exterior for stains, scratches etc and the car looks very sharp with their protectant on it!

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
How are you liking the HRV otherwise? I'm really thirsty for input from people who've been driving it a few days. Can't wait to hear the experience reports over the next few weeks. They might sway me to buy or not buy the HRV

Otherwise I'm loving it. I opted for the mid model because of the sun roof, heated seats, and digital dash. Had no problem connecting my iPhone to the Bluetooth either. Averaging 34.7 mpg at this point between highway last night and through town today.

Previously I drove a Jeep Liberty and had no issue transitioning. I opted for the $299 package to cover the interior and exterior for stains, scratches etc and the car looks very sharp with their protectant on it!
34.7, is that with CVT 2WD ?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So, besides not being able to drive at night, whatcha think?

Other than that, how was the play, Mrs. Lincoln?

Love it so far!

Like I said, I opted for this model for the sun roof, heated seats and digital display. The dash board looks very sharp. I got the AWD CVT in Black with black interior. I transitioned from a Jeep Liberty but have been driving a Subaru Crosstrek often as my girlfriend owns one. The HRV is much roomier than the crosstrek in my opinion and I feel it drives smoother. Tires ride loud but not a big deal. Iphone hooked up to bluetooth with no issues and I made a call this morning from the car with perfect clarity, no issue on either end!

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Brilliant idea!
Nice try, but I think the answer would be not covered.

With the Honda Roadside Assistance Service, if you experience any of the following while on the road, just call our toll free number and we will dispatch a unit to provide services that can let you proceed to your destination. You are covered for any of the following services (limitations apply):

• Winching
  • Jump start
  • Fuel delivery*
  • Lockout
  • Flat tire
  • Mechanical tow
  • Accident tow
http://owners.honda.com/vehicles/roadside-assistance

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
In the system you can see combined MPG or recent trip MPG. I drive for work a little bit but this morning prior to leaving for work the screen registered that I had gotten around 30.7 MPG for my trip home on the highway last night pretty simple highway about 2 hours travel time going around 70-75.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thats what they are there for. What did they say about it?

Did not call roadside. Spoke to the dealer and service department and they would like me to come back in. I explained how unrealistic this was. Theyre currently sitting in the exact car at their lot trying to figure things out...

·
Registered
262 Posts
Could it be a fuse? I know several fuses are removed for shipping the car and the dealer is supposed to replace them before customer takes delivery. Perhaps they forgot in this case? Or just missed one?

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Where abouts you located?

So the Honda dealer you purchased from is 2 1/2 hours away and the the nearest one????

I purchased the HRV EX this weekend. Went to pick it up yesterday- all was great! Drove last night and realized the headlights are not coming on- on the auto setting or using the on mode. High beams work as do the fog lights..

Anyone else experiencing this issue?

1 - 20 of 49 Posts