Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've seen that the top-line HR-V in Canada is pretty much identical to the US EX-L, but adds a heated steering wheel. I live in Wisconsin and my current car has one-I love the feature. Would it be possible to have that retrofitted to a US version? Or would I be better off waiting for a potential future Touring trim?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was web surfing for 2023 HR-V video reviews and found an intro video for what I thought was the US HR-V but during the course of watching discovered it was for Canada. It mentioned heated steering wheel for the "EX-L Navi" trim.

·
Registered
Brilliant Sporty Blue Honda HR-V 1.5 iVTEC SE 6 Speed Manual
1,234 Posts
Cheapest and easiest heated steering wheel is to get yourself a bottle of leather treatment and a microfibre cloth.

Apply a small amount of leather treatment onto the steering wheel. Allow to dry to a haze. Buff with the microfibre cloth for a few minutes.

You now have a perfectly treated leather steering wheel, and your hands are nice and toasty. Bob's your Auntie!

·
Registered
564 Posts
The car being already at $30k. Doubt they would make it even more expensive. Anything over $30k is for the CRV. And it being released for a whole 2 weeks. There won’t be any updates to the HRV for likely 2 years besides colors or something.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cheapest and easiest heated steering wheel is to get yourself a bottle of leather treatment and a microfibre cloth.

Apply a small amount of leather treatment onto the steering wheel. Allow to dry to a haze. Buff with the microfibre cloth for a few minutes.

You now have a perfectly treated leather steering wheel, and your hands are nice and toasty. Bob's your Auntie!
Friction. I get it. But not exactly what I was looking for. I guess I'll hang on to my Ford Ecosport Titanium for a couple more years! ;)

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
My above suggestion was just in jest, however, have you considered a microfibre or alcantara steering wheel cover?

I found the steering wheel rim on my HR-V to be a lot thinner than the one on my previous vehicle, plus I'm not actually 100% sure it is really leather, so I purchased a leather steering wheel cover and it put to bed both issues.

Plant Vehicle Wheel Car Automotive tire

·
Registered
395 Posts
My above suggestion was just in jest, however, have you considered a microfibre or alcantara steering wheel cover?

I found the steering wheel rim on my HR-V to be a lot thinner than the one on my previous vehicle, plus I'm not actually 100% sure it is really leather, so I purchased a leather steering wheel cover and it put to bed both issues.

View attachment 34280
Can you give a link where you purchased this one....It looks good...Is it padded at all??? I agree I have a 21 sport with a leather steering wheel and it is too thin for me. I like a thicker steering wheel..

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
It's padded enough to give it a bit of heft, but not enough to make it uncomfortable to hold.

I purchased it from Amazon(UK), just search for leather steering wheel cover 37-38cm/14.5-15 inch. Similar examples on there currently range from £8.99. I paid around £17 for mine, I've had it for nearly a year and it has survived two garage visits. I clean and treat it once s month whilst cleaning the steering wheel.

·
Registered
2019 and 2020 HR-V EXs
386 Posts
I have Wheelskins brand leather covers on two of our car's steering wheels, and they are high-quality and long lasting.

If you want a contrasting stitch thread, you can request it a no charge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts