Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
751 Posts
Welcome WannaHRV! Nice to see Canada well-represented on the forum.

My local dealer in Victoria is expecting the first cars "around the end" of May. If true, that might mean we (at least here on the coast) will be about a month behind the States. If it works out that way I might be tempted to make a quick trip to Seattle to check it out down there. It's been a long wait... and it seems to get harder the closer it gets!

·
Registered
751 Posts
annsymons, I'd check some other sources. My local dealer (in Victoria) has what they feel is reliable information from Honda Canada that they're getting the first 5 in May. No way would Ontario be three months behind that.

Plus lots of American dealers are saying they're scheduled for training / first cars around the third week of April, and the publication embargo Honda imposed on journalists was April 30th.

Unless something really drastic has happened, or Honda Canada has decided not to bring them sooner due to exchange rates, or wanting to devote the entire production to the States, or something else altogether. But I haven't heard or seen anything that would suggest that.

Maybe a salesman that would rather sell you a Fit or CR-V now? Or maybe they think they'll only be trickling in, so choice and supply will be limited until then?

Anyway, I hope your source is wrong, and I won't panic unless I start hearing multiple rumours corroborating the story.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I work at a dealership so I'm pretty confident they would not lead me a stray. I think they are trying to eliminate a redo of the Fit situation so holding off on bringing them to Canada until they have enough to meet demand. I've had a deposit down since Feb on what I would like and will continue to wait.

·
Registered
751 Posts
I work at a dealership so I'm pretty confident they would not lead me a stray. I think they are trying to eliminate a redo of the Fit situation so holding off on bringing them to Canada until they have enough to meet demand. I've had a deposit down since Feb on what I would like and will continue to wait.
Okay, now I'm a little disturbed. You work at a Honda dealership, and they're telling you August?? If they're right, I'd like to believe it's an Ontario thing (not to wish you ill, but...), but I highly doubt one part of Canada would get it that far ahead of another.

Shoot. Really hoping (again, with all respect and best wishes) that you're misinformed.

Despite my dismay, thanks for sharing your info here! If you hear anything else, please let us know. Canadian HR-V fans are on the edge of our seats!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Okay, now I'm a little disturbed. You work at a Honda dealership, and they're telling you August?? If they're right, I'd like to believe it's an Ontario thing (not to wish you ill, but...), but I highly doubt one part of Canada would get it that far ahead of another.

Shoot. Really hoping (again, with all respect and best wishes) that you're misinformed.

Despite my dismay, thanks for sharing your info here! If you hear anything else, please let us know. Canadian HR-V fans are on the edge of our seats!
I also heard from Campus in Victoria that they were looking at early May for the first few HR-Vs

·
Registered
20 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts