Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Looking for ward to finding out more about the HRV. I keep hearing demo models arriving in May here in the USA. I have a few questions I hope some of you can answer:

1. I'm getting the feeling there will be a lot of electronic bells and whistles, but they're there in part to distract from the underpowered 2015 U.S. Civic engine.
Most of the embargo'd reports hint at this.

2. Looking at the photos and video of the interiors from the Brazilian and Australian models as well as the USA preview site. It looks like the shift console blocks the only USB and Power ports. Can anyone confirm?

3. Any cupholders? ;)

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
95 Posts
3. Yes two in the center console with a false bottom that can be flipped up for taller drinks. Usual bottle holders in the doors.
2. The center console USB port thing is weird. The ports are under the console. The console is 'open' sort of. All the reviewers that mention it talk about how awkward it is to reach it.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks.

Yes very awkward particularly if one needs to (dis)connect while driving. Real head scratcher there especially since Honda generally has good UX design.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Thanks.

Yes very awkward particularly if one needs to (dis)connect while driving. Real head scratcher there especially since Honda generally has good UX design.
Welcome!

I'm thinking if you leave your cords plugged in to the car it won't be so bad to fish them out from the cubby. There's a pretty useful-looking slot along each side of the console behind the cubby that holds a phone on edge too.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Welcome!

I'm thinking if you leave your cords plugged in to the car it won't be so bad to fish them out from the cubby. There's a pretty useful-looking slot along each side of the console behind the cubby that holds a phone on edge too.
That is what I was thinking too. You won't be plugging in your cords while you are driving anyway. You will generally just be plugging your device onto the cord. Easy peasy....and the stuff is somewhat hidden that way.

I like it.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welcome!

Clearly, this was a design goof. If there are additional USB and power ports in the back of the center arm rest compartment as there are in the 2015 U.S. Civic and 2015 U.S. Fit EX-L trims then that goes a way toward alleviating the situation.

That console-side slot's depth is fairly ambiguous and until the embargo is over we're left wondering.*

*Unless any of the many Honda employees in the know who lurk on this Forum care to drop a hint. ;)

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That is what I was thinking too. You won't be plugging in your cords while you are driving anyway. You will generally just be plugging your device onto the cord. Easy peasy....and the stuff is somewhat hidden that way.

I like it.

Yes, but if you're, say, a smoker and you want to light up while driving you're not going to mess around under the shift console looking for the lighter port.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Yes, but if you're, say, a smoker and you want to light up while driving you're not going to mess around under the shift console looking for the lighter port.
No doubt the HR-V will be banned in Colorado ...
Inhibiting your access to a lighter violates your unalienable right to toke-up :D

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
No doubt the HR-V will be banned in Colorado ...
Inhibiting your access to a lighter violates your unalienable right to toke-up :D
OK, I'm going to go off topic here, and get on my soap box since you chose to thrash the good name of my home state. Not everyone who lives in Colorado voted for the legalization of pot. If you put it to a vote today, it would probably fail in our great state. And, most of the country will follow suit. It's just a matter of time.

If you look at who is smoking pot, or who has smoked, I would bet greater than 50% of Americans over the age of 18 have smoked at least once. If you have, you have violated the laws in all but a handful of states. Now Colorado is making it legal to indulge, just like alcohol and the 18th and 21st Amendments to the Constitution. Those choosing to consume, and I am not one, are mostly law abiding citizens who want a little something to relax or party with. And MANY, come from out of state with the intent of vacationing, and then choose to take advantage of the legal process that is enabled here.

Colorado may be the first, but it certainly won't be the last. I suspect in 10 years most states will have forgiven this sin and focused on real challenges in our society.

Stepping off my soapbox... <phew!>

·
Registered
805 Posts
OK, I'm going to go off topic here ...

––– SNIP –––

Colorado may be the first, but it certainly won't be the last. I suspect in 10 years most states will have forgiven this sin and focused on real challenges in our society.

Stepping off my soapbox... <phew!>
Cheap shot ... my apologies ... fact is, much to my disgust, Maine's probably next ... I'll give a proper response in a private note.

Now let's get back on topic.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
OK since we're doing soapboxes...

Let's not proselytize on the forum. I got the joke about Colorado and I didn't think anyone was knocking Colorado. Let's try to keep the community here friendly and the exchanges constructive.

</end soapbox>

Back to HRV design. Based on photos in the enlightening CX-3 comparison article, It doesn't look like the Australian HR-V has any USB and power ports at the back of the center armrest/"transmission tunnel", just 2 cup holders. I hope this has been remedied for the US version.

·
Registered
751 Posts
I've never seen a hint that that's the plan. The only ports are in the cubby under the front of the centre console, afaik.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts