Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ask me whatever you like about Honda and dealers and I'll tell you what I know. I'll try and give you the inside scoop as much as I can. I'm eagerly awaiting the HRV just like everyone else. And I don't turn away from customers that come in and ask about it. I share their enthusiasm and glady write down their info and tell them I'll call them as soon as I get any updates. I have a whole list of customers waiting.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Ask me whatever you like about Honda and dealers and I'll tell you what I know. I'll try and give you the inside scoop as much as I can. I'm eagerly awaiting the HRV just like everyone else. And I don't turn away from customers that come in and ask about it. I share their enthusiasm and glady write down their info and tell them I'll call them as soon as I get any updates. I have a whole list of customers waiting.
Hi Jeff,
It is great to have someone here that will let us know when the HR-V arrives at your dealer.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Any info on your perspective of the HRV such as comfort and interior ergonomics is welcome . That is,when you get one on the lot . Curious about touch screen ease of use .
Also I realize markup is not much and I think anyone who works deserves to earn a living. I don't work for free either. That said ,the honda and even subaru dealers around me (50 mi)will not give an OTD price until I agree to buy and start filling out the sales sheet. They did not disclose the add on extras I didn't ask for on my civic. That was left for me to find in the contract. And they refuse to remove it from the price as " sorry that is how we sell our cars". $200 for $20 vin etch and so on . So what advice can you give ? Tired of it turning into a paranoid poker game where questions are answered with questions . First to tip their hand or shows weakness loses. I needed a new car 6 months ago and will be buying an HRV if I like it on the test drive . I actually held off buying other cars so far. Hate to drive 250 +mi to find a dealer. I just want a fair deal that we can both live with . Thanks,Jim

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Any info on your perspective of the HRV such as comfort and interior ergonomics is welcome . That is,when you get one on the lot . Curious about touch screen ease of use .
Also I realize markup is not much and I think anyone who works deserves to earn a living. I don't work for free either. That said ,the honda and even subaru dealers around me (50 mi)will not give an OTD price until I agree to buy and start filling out the sales sheet. They did not disclose the add on extras I didn't ask for on my civic. That was left for me to find in the contract. And they refuse to remove it from the price as " sorry that is how we sell our cars". $200 for $20 vin etch and so on . So what advice can you give ? Tired of it turning into a paranoid poker game where questions are answered with questions . First to tip their hand or shows weakness loses. I needed a new car 6 months ago and will be buying an HRV if I like it on the test drive . I actually held off buying other cars so far. Hate to drive 250 +mi to find a dealer. I just want a fair deal that we can both live with . Thanks,Jim
Hey Jim, I will definitely let everyone know my opinions once they arrive. Don't hold your breath too much though becuause even here at the dealership, we do not yet have an eta. The only news I know is that next month in April (don't remember the date) our GM and many other head honchos will be attending a big conference in Florida and should be receiving important news regarding HRV. I'll let everyone know what I know when I know.
As for the situation with the dealer you went to and them throwing in extras and refusing to disclose them. I dunno, that's messed up. We'd never do that here. Sure, we'll often throw in resist all protectant on the four square (which I actually do believe is a good idea and worth it) but it'll be written in plain view and can be removed if you do wish. The whole point here, is that with dealerships and of course any business in the world, if they aren't constantly pushing to make every extra dollar on every deal, that business will sink. Some we'll get, some we won't and we try to offer these things in a way that benefits the customer and adds value. The ones that aren't good at this just make it seem like they're trying to rip you off and instead just try and hide it instead of sell you on it. My advice to you, would be to just buy from me haha. Or if you don't want to drive to Texas my advice would be to find yourself a salesperson you like and build good rapport with. If you guys connect and like each other, that salesperson will most likely have your best interest in mind and be open and up front with you. If you know you will be buying this car, go to the dealerships website and do the prequalify application online. Allow the dealership to see your credit so when they go over numbers, they'll know extremely close to what APR to calculate at. Don't expect to pay anything much different than sticker price on a brand new model like the HRV. Respectfully ask to see a breakdown of all prices and fees and let them know you are not interested in any additional accessories (besides ones that you might actually be). If for any reason you are not treated with respect and they are not being open or honest with you, you have every reason to walk out. Even when you sit down in finance, you can walk out at anytime if they are not treating you fairly. Selling cars is a two way road and should mutually benefit both parties. Neither side should be selfish or greedy. So "Sorry that is how we sell our cars" should be replied with "ok, well that is not how I buy my cars. Sorry." Lol. I apologize for the small novel. I hope some of this information has been beneficial to you.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Jim,
Start by getting online quotes from many dealers.

Thanks for bringing up the add on cost. I think if they don't tell me the total cost before I sign, I will just move on to another dealer.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yes, I expect full msrp and can live with that. If you were closer to CT. I'd come see you. I don't hold it against all sales reps as my dad worked sales and as a service manager years back.
It's just a shame to have to walk out on what should be an easy deal. Yes Bicepeak I will be going the internet route on this one. I got caught on the add on vin etch on my wife's civic. Had to run home because she forgot something the dealer needed . When I got back she had gone over the paperwork with him and I wrongly assumed any add on was discussed. She was unaware of vin,wheel locks were added. I had to get to work so did not discover it right away. Won't happen again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts