Honda HR-V Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

Just wanted to see if anyone else has had this problem. My HR-V 2019 sport's touch screen will restart all the time and sometimes makes this terrible sine wave noise. Very upsetting as i'm afraid to take people in the car with me because it might scream at them. Took it to honda but they wont fix it becuase they can't replicate it. Any advice? Car has less the 8K miles. Happen randomly while driving. Seriously can't find a reason it does it. Will do it when phone isn't connected too.

·
Registered
861 Posts
To me that sounds like a grounding issue somewhere. I'd take it back to the dealer and request to have it fixed under warranty. You have definitive proof that there is an issue. Does it happen after you hit a bump in the road? After the car has been operating for a certain amount of time? Start documenting as much as you can when and where it happens and that may help isolate the issue. Also, maybe just have them uninstall and re-install the head unit.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Dammit,

Thanks for your advice! I have been documenting for a while now. Unfortunately I can't see a pattern :/ seems to happen over bumps sometimes, other times it could just do it when I'm driving on a flat smooth road. Very hard to replicate which is the problem. I will call back dealer again and see if the grounding suggestion will help. Very disappointed with Honda's customer service so far as they just stonewall me every time because they can't replicate it. I'll also ask about uninstall and re-install! Thank you so much!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts