Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My left brake light stopped working so I went out and bought a new bulb and changed it. It still wasn’t working so I checked the fuse box and nothing was wrong either. I noticed that the turn signal works, but the tail light and brake light doesn’t. Please send any help-thanks!

·
Administrator
1,508 Posts
My left brake light stopped working so I went out and bought a new bulb and changed it. It still wasn’t working so I checked the fuse box and nothing was wrong either. I noticed that the turn signal works, but the tail light and brake light doesn’t. Please send any help-thanks!
I would check the tail light connector to see if it somehow got unplugged, then test the connector to see if it's getting any power to it.

·
Registered
106 Posts
The bulb you replaced is the turn signal bulb most likely. The break lights are all LED bulbs and come as a complete unit. The individual bulbs are not replaceable (unless you know how to splice wires and stuff 🤷‍♂️) If the break light is truly just dead, you'll have to replace the whole light assembly unit. It's unfortunately the same with pretty much all cars and brands nowadays that use LED light assemblies.

·
Registered
62 Posts
The bulb you replaced is the turn signal bulb most likely. The break lights are all LED bulbs and come as a complete unit. The individual bulbs are not replaceable (unless you know how to splice wires and stuff 🤷‍♂️) If the break light is truly just dead, you'll have to replace the whole light assembly unit. It's unfortunately the same with pretty much all cars and brands nowadays that use LED light assemblies.
Yes this is the correct answer . Same with LED headlight you have to change whole unit.

·
Administrator
1,508 Posts
I forgot that the brake lights were LED. 🤦‍♂️

1 - 5 of 5 Posts