Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some brush caught the underside of my HRV today. While I was clearing it out, I noticed this part (see attached photo). Does anyone know what it's responsible for, and why one tube is not connected? I want to make sure this is not a result of damage caused by the brush. Thank you!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks more like rubber tubes to me. Perhaps part of the gas evaporative system since it is located near the tank.
It's definitely rubber tubing. From what I've been able to determine, the middle tube is a vent, and not intended to be connected at both ends - which aligns with your gas evaporative system theory.

I'll start up the engine and look for dash indicators.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No indicators flashing on the dash.

I don't spend much time under the HRV, so this is probably not an issue. It's more of a quest to learn about modern vehicle mechanics.

Thanks for the responses. If anything else comes to mind, please chime in! ✌

·
Registered
3 Posts
Some brush caught the underside of my HRV today. While I was clearing it out, I noticed this part (see attached photo). Does anyone know what it's responsible for, and why one tube is not connected? I want to make sure this is not a result of damage caused by the brush. Thank you! View attachment 29912
Hi John

That part is called the Rear Differential Breather Box. The open pipe is correct. Please see the attached pics I added.

Regards

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Explains why I couldn't find it on my FWD haha

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts