Honda HR-V Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have had a Microsoft Windows 10 phone for some years and was always able to to call up Hey Cortana via the voice control button on the steering wheel, then issue commands to Cortana to make a phone call, text etc through the cars speaker/microphone system.

There is no support anymore from Microsoft for Windows phones so I have bit the bullet and purchased a new Android phone (Oppo A9), but cannot get the Hey Google function to work via the voice control button. I receive a 'This phone is not supported' message on the screen.

Anyone one offer any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
As a long time android user, nope, haven't found a way to use Google voice assistant with the car controls unfortunately

If you figure it out I'd love to use it though!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As a long time android user, nope, haven't found a way to use Google voice assistant with the car controls unfortunately

If you figure it out I'd love to use it though!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
I have written to Honda to see if they can offer any suggestions, I'll let you know their response, that is if I get one. Not had any joy in the past :unsure:

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a work around, sort of, which at least enables me to use the talk button on the steering wheel to make phone calls. I first installed an app called ReaditToMe and set up a profile in the app for Alway On and my Honda HFT. I then, via the HRV's phone settings, set up my most often used numbers in Speed Dial and added voice tags to those numbers.
I can now press the talk button on the steering wheel, wait for the beep and say the voice tag for the particular number I am calling and the call will be dialed out.
Also the app will read out incoming SMS messages through the car's audio system once set up in the apps SMS profile. However, if you wish to dictate hands free a reply to the message, you have to pay for that feature which is a couple of dollars a year. Worth it in my opinion.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts