Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow HRV-ers long time Honda owner and first time for and HRV, We just got an AWD Sport which is actually a really cool little ride, maybe not actually "sporty" but still cool. Anyway the noise cancellation may be giving my wife a headache... I know that sounds a litte weird, but the only way I can figure it out is to temporarily disable the noise cancellation to see if its better for her. I can find info on how to disable it in a CRV and Accords... but I think it is because this feature is fairly new in the HRV and nobody has installed a giant subwoofer in one yet!
Anyway I know basically if you can find the microphones and unplug them it turns it off... I just am not sure where those are... any ideas?

thanks
MPX

·
Registered
7 Posts
Funny you should ask...because I just installed a sub in my 2019 Sport last weekend. Of course that resulted in some annoying feedback through the Rockford Fosgate 10 in my hatchback. After some digging, it was indeed an issue with the noise cancellation. This video will show you the process. The only difference is that the HRV glove box only has two screw-bolts on the top section and the rest is clips. Let me know if you have any questions. I just disabled the ANC system yesterday.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Bulldog, I came across this in my research, good to know this is in the same place as the Accord, I also found some info on 2015 Accord about holding down 1, 6, Display and Power to access a DIAG screen and then turn off ANC. Looked at wife's HRV this morning and of course it is newer, but it seems as if that setting should be in there in the newer system somewhere. Still there has to be a reason everyone is unplugging everything else... I will post what I do here, since there seems to not be a HRV specific info about this.

thanks
MPX

·
Registered
7 Posts
No worries. I'm just passing along the information I wish I would have had instead of spending a good day and a half on a wild goose chase. Taking it apart really isn't a big deal and not as daunting as you'd think. My only issue was with the side panel on the dash. It needs a good amount of brute force, but with finesse, because the clips are new.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Is there a way to unplug ANC from the back of the headunit instead of behind the glove box? Since the speakers are generating the cancellation sounds, there has to be an input on the radio someplace right, so I'm guessing there's a plug dedicated to just that. I plan on having my system installed by a local shop within the next couple months, and I'm sure they are familiar with what to do. I'll ask about it when I go there this weekend to get my windows tinted. Also, to those that have installed amps/subs, any chance you could post pics? I'm thinking I'll just have my amps/caps/line out converter to the back of the seats so I can take my sub box out when needed.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Is there a way to unplug ANC from the back of the headunit instead of behind the glove box? Since the speakers are generating the cancellation sounds, there has to be an input on the radio someplace right, so I'm guessing there's a plug dedicated to just that.
There is...but you lose your hands free capabilities. I tried and tested that theory. The only way I found to eliminate it is unplugging the ANC module. It really takes about ten minutes.

·
Registered
2019 HRV EX
2 Posts
Hello this is my first question here. I recently purchased a cpo model. I had a sub installed recently. Too bad my auto installer didn’t really do their homework or test this properly before they let me pay and drive off. I’ve been getting the rumble and feedback noise from the sub at certain speeds/rpm. I now know it’s the anc. Anyone have a link on how to unplug the mic? I’ve found a video, but it’s for an accord. My auto installer has said I can bring it back and they’ll do it. That’s fine but I’d like to do it myself and be done.
Thanks!!

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
the noise cancellation box ?? -i thought someone posted on here - check the electronics section of this forum - it is if i remember correctly its behind the glove box- and you just unplug it.
Check this forum -some have pics and everything.

·
Registered
2019 HRV EX
2 Posts
the noise cancellation box ?? -i thought someone posted on here - check the electronics section of this forum - it is if i remember correctly its behind the glove box- and you just unplug it.
Check this forum -some have pics and everything.
Hey thanks! Brought it back and they disconnected the mic and the sub is now thumping properly. ☮

1 - 16 of 16 Posts